Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Card Or Motherboard Problem?

I'm having trouble installing my AGP GeForce graphics card. I try to screw the card in but it won't place in firmly. Then I realised there's something on the motherboard that's holding me back (What's that little battery looking thing called on the motherboard?) I'm thinking of bending it down to see what happens or breaking the tip of my graphics card off to fit it in. I don't know would be worth it or to dangerous?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ummmm no. u cant do that. i had the same problems installing my pci tv tuner. i jsut move the thing a bit to the right and place my card in. but becuz my card was a pci, if that didtn work i just have it in another slot. and are u sure u put it in agp, cuz i see a lot of mobo and dont see those near it. only near pci

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    You mean the CMOS battery?

Exactly what part of the battery module is preventing you from installing your AGP card?

Do you think that you could give us your motherboard model number and company, so maybe we could take a look at pictures of it online to see for ourselves?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    .... or are you kidding??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@20 October 2003 - 23:43

Exactly what part of the battery module is preventing you from installing your AGP card?

Do you think that you could give us your motherboard model number and company, so maybe we could take a look at pictures of it online to see for ourselves?
    AMD K7

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i thingk the part thats interfeering w/ his agp card is the battery itself. like i said above i too encounter thsi problem. i had to bend it outa the way sorta.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I just tried bending the cmos battery now but it's to big to budge. Maybe the card itself was made to big.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by KILskOOL+20 October 2003 - 19:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KILskOOL @ 20 October 2003 - 19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_John_Lennon_@20 October 2003 - 23:43

AMD K7 [/b][/quote]
    AMD K7 is not the motherboard brand and model number.

Please give us more info.

You could also tell us what AGP card it is.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    what model of card is it? some models ARE extremely large, so it&#39;s something you need to consider when you&#39;re choosing: is this card going to have an installation problem because of the motherboard&#39;s design?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    How the hell did you bend it out of the way?&#33;
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast