Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Case

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    nice case. if u gona put athlon 2600, ur waste a perfect case. get a better cpu and oc it. or get a p4 2.4c and oc that, if ur gona use that crazy heatsink

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Abu, I hardly consider the 2600 to be a waste of a good case, but that's what makes the world go round, eh?
    I really don't know enough about OCing yet to feel comfy and quite frankly, being an old bastard has made me cautious.
    I'm far more interested in silence than blazing speed.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@20 October 2003 - 22:43
    Another point you should take into consideration Clocker is the cooling effect of the case, which is solid aluminium. I have one very similar, older version, I have 2 case fans at the back sucking air out, and one at the front blowing in. My case is COLD all the time, and just a standard heatsink.

Cold? Really?

I've read competing theories about this and can't wait to see.

One of the main attractions of this case was the fan layout. I hope that with all of the options I can get excellent airflow at a low fanspeed.
    Billy, do you happen to know if the aluminum is anodized? Are fingerprints a problem?

As a point of interest, I saw a case at my local comp shop yesterday that had been special ordered for a guy. The skin was polished aluminum but all the drive bays and structure was cast magnesium! A good sneeze would blow it over. A bit pricey- bare it was over $300. But very cool.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    BANNED
    My case takes no fingerprints, and wipes down easily. It is heavy tho, but so what. If you want to keep the noise down, the case comes with fan temperature controls. The front of mine is fluted, so i can position my front fan across the HDD's, it then sucks air up from the bottom.

A good buy, when you upgrade, keep the box, stick the old bits in a cheap one.

Oh, and mod the fuck out of it. Does yours have a side window or a decal window?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Mine has a side window.
    What is a "decal" window?

Is your case quiet?
    What kind of PSU are you using?

Edit: Weight is really not much of an issue for me, either. I rarely backpack with it...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by clocker@21 October 2003 - 11:15
    Abu, I hardly consider the 2600 to be a waste of a good case, but that's what makes the world go round, eh?
    I really don't know enough about OCing yet to feel comfy and quite frankly, being an old bastard has made me cautious.
    I'm far more interested in silence than blazing speed.
    u make good point, but since u have crazy heatsink, abu says u oc ur cpu. abu not familiar with amds, but if u get p4 2.4c, u can go up to 3.5-3.8 ghz with stock, and some people go up to 4.5 with water cooling. abu says u should oc ur cpu. if u gona use huge ass heatsink, oc ur cpu. or else, abu confused, y would u buy a huge ass heatsink?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Well Abu, clocker says that with a huge ass HSF he can get good cooling without having to generate a hurricane force airflow.
    Clocker thinks that this would be a good thing.

Clocker wonders why you are so sold on the whole "overclocking" thing and remembers that only about a week ago you didn't seem to know sh*t about it.

Clocker questions your qualifications to be such an advocate...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Ex-member
    Lamsey thinks that abu should stop talking in the third person and go and read up on hardware, seeing as he clearly hasn't a clue.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Lamsey,
    Clocker thinks you may be right.
    I'll ask him when next we speak...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Clocker, since I now see that you don't want to overclock and that you just want quiet then don't spend a fortune on cooling. You could just put a 80mm fan at a lower RPM using a fan adaptor. That's what I did. See here. The pictures don't do it justice, and since then I have redone it with polished aluminum.

I think that Billy_Dean is right in saying that that case should run cool and it's probably well insulated for sound also.

Virtualbody1234 is thinking that Lamsey's thinking is right.

Btw. I don't believe in overclocking. I believe in reliability, stabillity and silence.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast