Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Whats Better Athalon Or Pentium?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@31 October 2003 - 03:28
    You're the one who mentioned it. I would like to see that article.

You say that there was someone who overclocked a P4 - 2.4 GHz to 5.0 GHz with water cooling ? If you don't have the article to back-up your statement then all I can say is stop posting misinformation here in HardwareWorld.

I have seen your misleading information here before. This place won't be helpful or a reliable source for hardware support if you keep posting like you do.

Don't post if you don't know what you're posting about.
    where have i posted like u say i do b4? ok, it might have been 4.5 or so. but around 5, that's for sure, or else it wouldn't have stuck in my mind for so long.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    I personally like AMD. I payed 90 bucks for my retail Athlon XP 2200+,for the equivalent P4 I would have payed near 400 bucks(canadian).I built my whole system for less than 700 bucks including my sound system game controllers etc.This would not have been possible if I had gone with the pentium.
    My mother in law had a P4 1.6 gig comp with 256 md DDR and mine blows the thing right out of the water,hers is absolutely no comparison to mine even when mine is not overclocked.
    This debate all comes down to brand loyalty,some like Intel,some like AMD. I will likely always go AMD simply because of the performance to cost ratio.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Originally posted by johnboy27@31 October 2003 - 04:51
    I personally like AMD. I payed 90 bucks for my retail Athlon XP 2200+,for the equivalent P4 I would have payed near 400 bucks(canadian).I built my whole system for less than 700 bucks including my sound system game controllers etc.This would not have been possible if I had gone with the pentium.
    My mother in law had a P4 1.6 gig comp with 256 md DDR and mine blows the thing right out of the water,hers is absolutely no comparison to mine even when mine is not overclocked.
    This debate all comes down to brand loyalty,some like Intel,some like AMD. I will likely always go AMD simply because of the performance to cost ratio.
    and when did u build this comp? i got my comp in august. i thought i might try out one of the resellers and c wat they can come up with.
    here's my comp:

P4 2.4c (800 FSB)
    Powercolor 865APE mobo
    512 PC3200 Dual Channel
    Maxtor 120 gb
    Gforce FX 5200 128mb w/ TV Out and DVI
    6-1 Card reader thingy
    Blue neon light

and i paid $646.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You can't win an argument with a P4 against the Athlon XP if you include price.

That $646 compared to his $700 ? Just remember that's your US dollars vs his Canadian dollars.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@31 October 2003 - 13:31
    You can't win an argument with a P4 against the Athlon XP if you include price.

That $646 compared to his $700 ? Just remember that's your US dollars vs his Canadian dollars.
    oh, tat's canadian. sory dude. ok, yea, the p4 was more expensive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    yeah just think,our dollar is only worth 75 cents in the US.So that would meen that mine cost 525 American to build.Mine is including everything.
    Here is what I got for my money.
    Athlonxp 2200+
    Volcanoe 9 heatsink and fan
    Shuttle AK32A mobo
    Radeon 7500 video card
    viewsonic monitor
    LG CD-RW/DVD drive
    floppy
    80 gig samsung hard drive
    Nikao case
    300 watt PSU
    keyboard and mouse
    Canon BJC-2100 printer
    512 mb PC2100 DDR
    Diamond sound card
    Logitech Z-540 speakers
    logitech wingman rumblepad
    nic card
    modem
    intel webcam
    hp 1000 scanner

That's all I can think of for now,I know there is more.I think I did very well with my shopping around to get all this.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    damn that is sweet for how much you paid nice shopping!!! i can only gawk at the stuff you got... WOW!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    PAiNKiLLER
    Obviously its Pentium!!!

Image Resized

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Originally posted by fr600@31 October 2003 - 21:57
    Obviously its Pentium!!!
    yea. someone's openly backing me up. thanks man. no matter wat, i would still go with pentiums. they may be more expensive, but how many servers, big servers are run on amds? most of them are run on intel xeon or p4

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    First off, I would like to say that the furom looks pimp with the halloween shit! lol.

Ok abu your right about that last thing that most servers are running on the Xeon, but I do think alot of servers will be using the Opteron and the AMD 64 more often. Still Intel leads there. Ok Intels run cooler, faster (clockspeed wise), and just have a better name. Amd is also good. THEY ARE FREAKING CHEAP. Thats what I love, I can buy a kick ass cpu for 80 bux! I used to HATE AMD, and yes I mean HATE. My friends that had AMD I would let them have it about how amd is horrible. Now I know that amd is fine, and if i buy a new computer, it will prob be amd based!

P.S! What the fuck good does it do to fight on here? The guy that started this wants a little help!, not to see a few people bicker. They both are good now get over it!
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast