Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Rock Band?

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Old Metallica by far. When I say old I mean pre load - reload. All their previous albums up to that point were classics as soon as they came out.

2. Music   -   #22
    me being a kiddie/boy/wee laddie i like all this new 'crap' but i do see where youre coming from... the old stuff is classic! anything metallica(except st. anger*spits*) and queen and black sabbath and all that sort of stuff. but i do liek all the new stuff like green day and god forgive me the darkness. but no use arguing cos its all opinion... right?

3. Music   -   #23
    Originally posted by Lamsey@21 October 2003 - 13:41
    :-"
    :-" :-" :-"

4. Music   -   #24
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by Golden Guitarest@21 October 2003 - 03:36
    adthomps band

called Perfect Vision
    i have heard his band its average not my favorite but a close second

5. Music   -   #25
    Originally posted by Smooch+21 October 2003 - 19:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smooch @ 21 October 2003 - 19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@21 October 2003 - 13:41
    :-"
    :-" :-" :-" [/b][/quote]
    And that is for...

6. Music   -   #26

7. Music   -   #27
    60&#39;s Sergio Mendes
    70&#39;s Zappa
    80&#39;s New Order
    90&#39;s Ice T
    00&#39;s Fantastic Plastic Machine

8. Music   -   #28
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Yes, TOOL is by far the greatest band ever, not to mention very artistic.
    Not only does Maynard have a great voice, but after years he&#39;s still got the same passion that he displayed in the early years. Danny Carey is also by far one of the best drummers to ever exist, the talent is not always so evident on the CD&#39;s, but if you&#39;ve ever seen TOOL live, you realize the real art is in the performance.
    TOOL has also conquered a very difficult task that many band weren&#39;t able to do; they&#39;ve managed to incorporate modern sounds into the already crafted style that is TOOL, without their fans deciding that the new sound sucks.

Though you may not think TOOL is "old" enough, but what&#39;s it matter anyway, they&#39;ve still got the talent that all the "new" bands lack.

And seriously, what is the definition of old? Some good "new" bands have been playing since the 70&#39;s, who&#39;s to say they weren&#39;t influenced by the same people that your "70&#39;s and 80&#39;s" artists were? Bands such as Rammstein and MudVayne have been around forever, but have only just been able to show their talents of late.

Another great band is KMFDM, though they seem quite industrial, all the guitars and Drums are performed live on their tours, and take an amazing guitarist and drumers to pull it off. KMFDM have been around since the very early 80&#39;s, does that count?

9. Music   -   #29
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Guns n&#39; roses

Its pretty much all i post about in music world

Oh Van Halen rocks as well, as does (did) sabbath, erm Lenny Kravitz (if you can call it rock, more like funk-rock) Lynryd Skynryd (country rock) so many to choose from, deep purple, golden earring

10. Music   -   #30
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    Tenacious D

Up Yours! Love from The Club....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast