Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Want To Open An Inernet Cafe

Dodgy knees
    At the moment I'm taking a networking course.

I live in Switzerland (I'm English BTW) and early next year I might have some free time.

Would you like some help setting it all up ???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    i think it;s gr8 idea SH...

Give it a shot , even if u fail u can always look back and think i tried...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@21 October 2003 - 11:09
    look to see how much a place will cost to lease, insurance, licence, etc.

remember location, location, location, are you going to charge for internet access

Musleman used a comma?!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    How many computers do you intend to have? First of all, a shop would be required, wouldn't it, or you could always convert your garage? Alot of thought into investments etc., would have to be undertaken of course, but I'm sure there is a Dummies book for this . As for hardware requirements, it all comes down to your needs, like mentioned earlier, say a room with a dozen PCs, would obviously die out for high-speed internet access, otherwise nobody'd visit your cafe , so a OC-3+ line would be a necessity (get ready to dish out the cash&#33, then there would be the PCs themselves, a standard P4, ~2.0GHz+, ~384MB RAM, would be sufficient, otherwise people wouldn't bother using Durons that are as slow as a floppy disk. And of course, the most significant factor of all ... some coffee!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    to protect your computer try using this -> Deep Freeze - Complete Windows Protection

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    OMG i wonder how much electricity all those PC are going to consume

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    BANNED
    pc's dont consume much electricity.... the lights in your computer DO...

oh well anyways SH.... about software you can put.... if u wanna be "strict" on the time ppl stay in the cafe.....you can use a program called Netlimiter, with which you can limit the user to certain time of usage (after the time, it locks the computer).... it works by giving people user names and passwords...so they log on in this "lock-screen" and they access their time

dont have time right now for links.... but ill look for one later....

btw, are you just gonna put internet on the computers? like just internet access? cuz if ur talkin just this then hardware you could just put celeron 2.0 (yea being the pcs good) and 256 ram....which is enuff for internet access.... and not too expensive....

how many pcs are you thinkin of?

DWk

EDIT: sry the program name isnt NetLimiter its called NetTime. my bad

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    pc's dont consume much electricity.... the lights in your computer DO...
    Lol, the leds.......

you could just put celeron 2.0 (yea being the pcs good) and 256 ram....which is enuff for internet access.... and not too expensive....
    OMG everyone know that Duron processors outstand Celeron's perfomance (and price).... BUY DURON B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Dodgy knees
    Originally posted by footballmad@21 October 2003 - 16:52
    At the moment I'm taking a networking course.

I live in Switzerland (I'm English BTW) and early next year I might have some free time.

Would you like some help setting it all up ???
    If you're serious about starting this then my offer still stands.

Let me know.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    durons in internet cafe? huh? u need at least some kind of athlon. and u need superharddrives that hold lots of games. and u need... good vd cards...food,...more food,...garbage collecting service...hire some dude...maintenance...janitor...a lot of shit... and not nearly as much income as opening a night club. doesn't have to be big...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast