Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Want To Open An Inernet Cafe

Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@22 October 2003 - 23:38
    durons in internet cafe? huh? u need at least some kind of athlon. and u need superharddrives that hold lots of games. and u need... good vd cards...food,...more food,...garbage collecting service...hire some dude...maintenance...janitor...a lot of shit... and not nearly as much income as opening a night club. doesn't have to be big...
    Yes if you want to run Games on them B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Im also thinking about starting up an internet cafe.

Thats why me and my bro are doing this computer engineering course. (been 2 weeks into the second term and still not touched a computer yet

Their is a cafe close where i live and mos of the pc's are 800Mhz to 1ghz PC's with 256 to 512mb ram and geforce4 mx440 64mb cards in them.

I have noticed that in internet cafes, mainly the only games ppl play are, counter strike and warcraft 3.

I would just start with slow pc's like that and just install low spec games just like CS and warcraft 3 and some other lan games.

If you were going to build pc's that were inbetween 900Mhz to 1.3ghz with duron Processors, you will save some cash their and after a while, just upgrade the cpu's in them.

Then you have to think about health and safety regulations and shit like that and i think thats the most important thing.

hope you get one going.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    Have a Ms. Pacman cocktail table, you can't lose

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    BANNED
    not if its only an internet cafe....

DWk

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    BANNED
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+21 October 2003 - 09:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 21 October 2003 - 09:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@21 October 2003 - 10:46
    What i need?Pc&#39;s and?
    dude, no cafe&#39;s man... that&#39;s like crap. if u really got the dough, open a night club. i always wanted to open a night club. would be fun... since u gona have gang activity in internet cafe anyway, might as well add a couple 0&#39;s to ur income. lol [/b][/quote]
    if you were paying attentions there, he said they are doing realy good where he is at so why not???

@lamsey i thought i was using too many till now roflmao

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    don&#39;t use wireless LAN or windows as a NAT router, you&#39;ll get hacked and kiddies with laptops will steal your bandwidth,
    conect your broadband only to one fast linux box running NAT routing and IPfilters,
    and make all of the windows boxes access the [inter]network through it, you can let them network anywhich way LANwise but the gateway router is the only leash you&#39;ll have on this doggy
    [you can keep almost all your security on that machine and be able to see what anyone is surfing, it&#39;s going to want to be fast.]
    i agree that you shouldn&#39;t get a lot of current issue FAST computers,
    gamers will only be some of your market, many customers will be folk without PCs and tourists who want to check their hotmail or whatever,
    reasonably fast computers [800Mhz-1.2Ghz 128-256+RAM (not running XP)] will still be able to play some games while making money displaying emails and surfing when they&#39;re not gaming or when better gaming computers are demanded.
    browser/email machines could be linux based making the OS free and potentially much harder to hack

people WILL try to take advantage;
    DO NOT RELY ON MICRO&#036;OFT FOR SECURITY

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    don&#39;t use wireless LAN or windows as a NAT router, you&#39;ll get hacked and kiddies with laptops will steal your bandwidth,
    conect your broadband only to one fast linux box running NAT routing and IPfilters,
    and make all of the windows boxes access the [inter]network through it, you can let them network anywhich way LANwise but the gateway router is the only leash you&#39;ll have on this doggy
    [you can keep almost all your security on that machine and be able to see what anyone is surfing, it&#39;s going to want to be fast.]
    i agree that you shouldn&#39;t get a lot of current issue FAST computers,
    gamers will only be some of your market, many customers will be folk without PCs and tourists who want to check their hotmail or whatever,
    reasonably fast computers [800Mhz-1.2Ghz 128-256+RAM (not running XP)] will still be able to play some games while making money displaying emails and surfing when they&#39;re not gaming or when better gaming computers are demanded.
    browser/email machines could be linux based making the OS free and potentially much harder to hack

people WILL try to take advantage;
    It does not matter what os you are using. If it is not configured properly than it can be hacked (windows or linux). You should an os that you are good with and stick with it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    BANNED
    Originally posted by echidna@23 October 2003 - 09:57
    i resent that comments sir, as ms is one of the most secure companies out there and so is their software i mean just look at xp

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    If you&#39;re serious about opening your own Internet Cafe, you need to learn all you can about this unique business opportunity.

These are a few of the topics contained in the guide:
    1. Choosing the correct location, decor and design for your Café
    2. What type of Food & beverage services you should offer
    3. Managing a successful Espresso Bar
    4. How to determine what to charge for computer time
    5. What type of computer equipment to purchase, and setting up a network that works most efficiently for an Internet Cafe
    6. Profit through peripheral equipment: printers, photocopying, faxing, scanners, telephone services & more
    7. Add to your Cafe income offering computer and internet classes
    8. How to properly promote your Cafe
    9. How to make money with computer LAN and Internet gaming
    10. Video conferencing, digital camera services, Resume services
    11. How to configure remote e-mail access for travelers
    12. Retail products opportunities
    13. How to setup to traps for all those lettered organizations
    14. Plus many more essential secrets to insure your success in the Cybercafe industry&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    BANNED
    you forgot #15

15. pay musleman and nikita 50% of the profit

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast