Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Year Arias A Joke

Poster
    Originally posted by Alucard1475+21 October 2003 - 17:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alucard1475 @ 21 October 2003 - 17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@22 October 2003 - 02:24
    what kind of mickey mouse awards are the Arias? and who the fuck is D.E.L.T.R.A?
    Arias are the MTV Music Awards in America and
    Britney Spears in America is Delta Goodrem in Australia and even better, much better. [/b][/quote]
    might I say wtf is D.E.L.A.T.A then

2. Music   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes my typos f*ck me again Delta Goodrem ye I agree with you cel she writes her own music ctully plays an instument andn can sing unlike other neibours I will name nameless

3. Music   -   #13
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Adster@22 October 2003 - 10:09
    yes my typos f*ck me again Delta Goodrem ye I agree with you cel she writes her own music ctully plays an instument andn can sing unlike other neibours I will name nameless
    what about home and away *bec cartwright*

4. Music   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    what about home and away *bec cartwright
    no comment........

Yeah theres 6 good tracks on that delta album its not an album I think is brilliant

I knew all along she woul dget best sellign album but wasn&#39;t going to win best album

and Darren singing her song "Lost without you" making her cry

5. Music   -   #15
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Aria&#39;s 2003 Summed Up

On Delta&#39;s Night

DELTA Goodrem&#39;s ARIA dream blossomed into an emotional reality last night as tears and awards flooded her evening.

The 18-year-old, who is currently undergoing a rigorous regime of cancer treatment, cleaned up at the 17th annual awards fest for Australia&#39;s music industry, falling one short of the record of eight gongs in a night with seven of her own.

The record is held by Savage Garden, although Delta did spoil one of their records this week when her album Innocent Eyes topped the charts for its 20th seven-day stretch, one more than the Garden managed.

It was perhaps fitting that former frontman, Darren Hayes, was the man responsible for truly honouring Delta on the night.

He paid tribute to the young star with his own rendition of her No.1 Lost Without You and as his final note echoed to the upper echelons of the Sydney Superdome, Delta could no longer contain herself.

It was in that moment the events of the past 12 months hit home, and she applauded before breaking down in tears at her table, where she sat pretty in pink, her Lisa Ho-styled gown fit for a princess.

"I thought I was doing so well but as soon as he sang that song I just lost it," she said.

"He is such an amazing artist and it&#39;s just such an honour to be here and it was a privilege to watch."

Delta had just struggled through another acceptance speech, emotions getting the better of her as she became all too aware that her dream to be at the ARIAs as the star rather than the gazer was complete.

"Last year I was watching with the same people - my family - and I was thinking &#39;next year, I&#39;ve just got to work a bit harder&#39;," she said backstage.

"So to actually be here and see all the fans and people in the industry ... it&#39;s just amazing. There are so many great artists here - Amiel and Powderfinger - and it&#39;s just great to be one of them myself."

Asked why she thought her music had touched so many people, Delta turned up a predictable but utterly believable response.

"You just try to tap into yourself and identify who you are and hope that it connects with people," she said.

Having spent the past 12 months shooting up the charts after establishing her fame through Neighbours, her heady success was cruelly countered by the crushing news of cancer earlier this year. Delta, it&#39;s clear, has a story as unique at it is full of inspiration.

But her aim now is to step away from the glare of the spotlight and concentrate on returning herself to full health, as tough and frustrating as it will be.

"I am sitting here tonight looking at everybody and I can&#39;t wait to get back into it. But you have to look after your health or you don&#39;t have anything," she said.

"It&#39;s been a very interesting journey this past little while."

Delta turns 19 in a few days&#39; time, but will spend her birthday and the months thereafter in private rehabilitation. She is likely to be out of the public eye for at least six months.

Her parting gift was a message not only for her fans, but everybody who has been following her incredible story.

"You have been wonderful to me," she beamed upon leaving. "I appreciate that so much."

6. Music   -   #16
    Aria&#39;s 2003 Summed Up

On Powderfinger And The Rest&#39;s Night

POWDERFINGER confirmed their status as the heavyweights of Australian rock last night, winning three major awards including Album of the Year.

While Delta commanded the 17th Annual Aria awards at the Sydney SuperDome, Powderfinger&#39;s return to rock album Vulture Street was celebrated for its powerful assault on the charts this year.

When the albums were released a few months ago, Powderfinger and Delta enjoyed a tussle for the No.1 spot over a few weeks, restoring the faith and excitement in Australian music.

The Brisbane band&#39;s blinding performance of the album&#39;s first hit single, On My Mind, received a deafening roar of approval from the 7500 invited guests and fans.

Powderfinger also picked up awards for Best Group and Best Rock Release.

John Farnham added another dangerously pointy trophy to his collection of 17 Arias, winning Best Adult Contemporary Album for his The Last Time, as well as being the subject of an emotional induction to the Hall of Fame.

Farnham also brought the crowd to their feet with his show closer, his signature anthem You&#39;re the Voice.

With a string section and several bagpipe players assisting his amazing band, Farnham was simply breathtaking.

Keith Urban finally broke his Aria drought, picking up the Best Country Album award for Golden Road, which has sold more than one million copies in the US alone.

Urban kicks off his first major Australian tour this week, determined to achieve the same success in his homeland that he enjoys in Nashville and beyond.

Folk trio The Waifs, who have spent most of 2003 touring the US with Bob Dylan, were welcomed home with a total of four Arias.

The band had already been awarded Best Producer and Best Engineer at a ceremony at the Sydney Opera House and last night collected Best Blues and Roots Album and Best Independent Release for Up All Night.

Alex Lloyd was the surprise recipient of the Best Male Artist award, having only released a new single, Coming Home, in the past year.

This is the second year running Lloyd has won the award and his third time as the Best Male Artist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12