Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mahathir Again Says Jews Control World

taken from yahoo news site:

By Ed Cropley

BANGKOK (Reuters) - An unrepentant Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad repeated Tuesday his belief that Jews rule the world, denied President Bush had rebuked him for it and hit out at Australian leader John Howard.

Mahathir, who steps down at the end of the month after 22 years in power, told the Bangkok Post in an interview that widespread criticism of his recent remark that "Jews rule the world by proxy" proved he was right.

"The reaction of the world shows that they control the world," he told the newspaper.

"Israel is a small country. There are not so many Jews in the world. But they are so arrogant, they defy the whole world. Even if the United Nations says no, they go ahead. Why? Because they have the backing of all these people," Mahathir said.

Bush called the initial comments -- which the outspoken leader of largely Muslim Malaysia said were taken out of context -- "wrong and divisive," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.

"It stands squarely against what I believe," he quoted Bush as telling Mahathir during the annual summit of the 21-member Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Bangkok.

But Mahathir said reports Bush had rebuked him were wrong.

"Certainly, he did not rebuke me," Mahathir told a news conference after the two-day summit ended. "All he said was that 'I regret today to have to use strong words against you'," Mahathir said.

"After that we were walking practically hand-in-hand."

The Nazi-hunting Simon Wiesenthal Center said Mahathir's speech could spur violence against Jews.

"This is incitement against Jews and it provides a rationale and motivation for terror against Jews," Ephraim Zuroff, director of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Israel, told Reuters.

The World Union for Progressive Judaism, an umbrella body grouping liberal and reform Jewish communities around the world, urged acting U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Bertrand Ramcharan to speak out against Mahathir's "racist remarks."

FROSTY POLITENESS AHEAD

Australian Prime Minister John Howard, speaking after the interview was published, promised frosty politeness when he met Mahathir on the final day of the summit.

"I will maintain cordiality and no more with Dr. Mahathir," he said.

Mahathir, who has always had a prickly relationship with his counterparts from Canberra whom he accuses of trying to be the U.S. 'deputy sheriff' in Asia, said Howard was merely performing to type.

"There's a fondness among leaders in Australia, prime ministers of Australia, to make nasty comments like calling me recalcitrant, et cetera," he said.

"John Howard did the same thing, repeatedly, even casting aspersions on our judicial system, as if we do not understand law, we don't understand fair deal and justice."

"In fact, we do. We had a very good history of treating our aborigines, for example. We didn't shoot them dead. We didn't commit genocide. So when making criticism of other people, please look at your own background and temper it with some humility."

In the Bangkok Post interview, Mahathir complained that reports of his remarks on Jews last week to an Islamic summit in Malaysia, which the United States, the European Union, Australia and others denounced as anti-Semitic, "just picked up one sentence in my speech."

News accounts had ignored his condemnation of all violence, including suicide bombings, and his call on Muslims to heed the teachings of the Koran and talk peace with Israel, he said.

Asked why he thought this was the case, Mahathir replied: "Well, many newspapers are owned by Jews. They only see that angle and they have a powerful influence over the thinking of many people. Only their side of the picture is given now."

New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark disputed that.

"Having seen the item on television myself, it's hard to see how you could have misinterpreted it. It was a most unfortunate message," she said

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    *yawn

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    I've always said jews rule the world from the shadows, how else does israel
    get away with what she does?
    Man U fer eva

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Tasty@21 October 2003 - 09:54
    Mahathir, who steps down at the end of the month after 22 years in power, told the Bangkok Post in an interview that widespread criticism of his recent remark that "Jews rule the world by proxy" proved he was right.
    ROFLMAO

This guy is reminiscent of Kim Jong Il. Same funky logic.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride+22 October 2003 - 01:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SodiumChloride &#064; 22 October 2003 - 01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Tasty@21 October 2003 - 09:54
    ROFLMAO

This guy is reminiscent of Kim Jong Il. Same funky logic.[/b][/quote]
    Yes-

For a race who "rule the world by proxy", they sure picked a winning situation in the mid-east, huh?

Unfortunately, he seems to be expressing the sentiments of most of the world&#39;s population.

Absent the U.S., does Israel have a strong ally?

Nope.

Absent the U.S., would Israel survive?

Not bloody likely.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by billyfridge@21 October 2003 - 19:18
    I&#39;ve always said jews rule the world from the shadows, how else does israel
    get away with what she does?
    You&#39;ve always said that where? On this forum? With a post count of 2 I&#39;m thinking one of two things is happening.

a. i&#39;m going crazy
    b. you are a regular member who uses this account to respond to topics like this in disguise

but i could be wrong so don&#39;t be offended please

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Aright,im an atheist and my parents are catholic but im gettin pretty damn sick of this "jewish conspiracy" crap, most of that stuff is totally unwarranted. And wtf? Here in the US we get attacked by Muslim extremists and yet there&#39;s still more of a chatter about a jewish conspiracy than an Islamic one (not that I think there is: people of all sorts take religion too seriously, xtians included) When are people gonna give this crap up already? If the jews are "ruling the world" then why do they keep getting blown up in their own cafes and buses... you figure people who ran the world would be able to protect themselves better. The people with these theories are no different than nazis in my mind, most of these people who talk like this would just as soon kill every innocent jew on this planet... it&#39;s ludicrous... Why do so many people come down on the US for being anti-Islam and starting a war against Islam and how "immoral" that is, when most muslim opinion I&#39;ve heard favors "eradicating all jews" Seriously, are these Muslim extremists any different than the Muslims during the crusades, the catholic church during the inquisition or colonial folk during the witch trials? I didn&#39;t think so. Hate needs to be wiped out all together, I don&#39;t care who you are, white, black, rich, poor, christian, muslim... people need to start taking a stand against it in all it&#39;s forms.

..and the favored forms of hate today include anti semitism - irrational, illogical and destructive.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@22 October 2003 - 06:10
    Absent the U.S., does Israel have a strong ally? Nope.

Absent the U.S., would Israel survive? Not bloody likely.
    I feel your overlooking the UK (which argueably has regional variations on the issue)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by blackhatknight+22 October 2003 - 17:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackhatknight @ 22 October 2003 - 17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@22 October 2003 - 06:10
    Absent the U.S., does Israel have a strong ally? Nope.

Absent the U.S., would Israel survive? Not bloody likely.
    I feel your overlooking the UK (which argueably has regional variations on the issue) [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll grant that.

My oversight.

I tend to co-opt the U.K.&#39;s good intentions out of habit.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    BANNED
    Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad ... what a guy, you just got to admire him, don&#39;t you?

Always speaks the truth, a straight shooter, tells it like it is.

I wonder what the world would be like if Malaysia had a veto at the UN?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast