Thread: Hope You Can Help

so a friend of mine asked me if id put his belkin usb 2 pci card in for him i said yeah only take a few mins fatal thing 2 say ne way
    put the card in installed the drivers seemed to b going ok when i restarted windows hung on the win cloud screen so i restared in safe mode checked device manager and there seemed 2 be no problems so tried deleting the drivers and starting over no joy i checked the spec of his machine and it was way above required spec i no its a long shot ne idears i think its somtin 2 do with the nec open host controller because it used the windows cd to get the driver there didnt seem 2 be the relevent driver on the supplied disk
    please ne suggestion thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    so a friend of mine asked me if id put his belkin usb 2 pci card in for him i said yeah only take a few mins fatal thing 2
    Yep i know the feeling. You say that it will take a minute or two and it ends up taking all day because of drivers or its just not compatible.

Check in the bios if PNP OS is enabled and if ne thing got to do with USB is enabled.

If its possible, un install the host controller and then install the usb card first.

I hate how windows 98 always asks for the cd

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Put the disk in and load the software drivers are normally hidden inside and that's why it couldn't find them on the disc.If it keeps freezing after this remove the card and try another slot (if you have one) this might get over it been here done that,so much for plug and play.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks alot for your help ill try that 2morrow hope it works thanks again

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    some older(relatively speaking) motherboards will not support USB 2.0(if thats what you're working with). a bios upgrade may be in order.

/ that's all i've got...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks for trying harry ill check it out 2morrow