Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tal0ne.co.uk anyone?

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PerMaFrOsT View Post
    That's what I do not understand, by what I read, the Digicube limit is not selective, they applies it to all customers, so it seems strange that you could transfer this huge amount of bandwidth in your two test servers. Did you tell them your intentions when you rent the first 2 servers?

And please do not treat me like a teenager because I'm not
    So...... I'm confused. You actually take what is on the site at face value? You think ALL customers are shaped automatically just because the PDF says so? (And it doesn't even say that, merely that shaping can happen if required) Do you even know anything about DigiCube's network?

They are as of 3 days ago running their whole routing on a server for farks sake, hence half of the extra problems we've been having. As for being selective, with aforementioned routing, you really expect shaping to be automatic, LOL. As for telling them intentions, the text box for putting in that info is... where exactly? It's funny you mention that though, because when we complained to Xobul in IRC about poor speeds (even before we'd done 1TB), and mentioned seedbox usage, he said "shit" and not 48 hours later said he was shaping all our boxes to 20Mbit, which took about 5 hours across the 7 server...

They don't even have the ability to setup your OS in RAID 0 or 10, and only got RAID 5 working a week ago.

I'd assume you don't know any of this or experienced any of it, otherwise you wouldn't be posting like you were an ignorant teenager (and saying you aren't hardly aids your cause) who hasn't actually had any experience with Digi.

On topic though, tal0ne has a good service I've talked to a friend of the guy who runs it, and it is a decent service.
    Last edited by Thelen; 03-17-2010 at 02:49 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PerMaFrOsT View Post
    That's what I do not understand, by what I read, the Digicube limit is not selective, they applies it to all customers, so it seems strange that you could transfer this huge amount of bandwidth in your two test servers. Did you tell them your intentions when you rent the first 2 servers?

And please do not treat me like a teenager because I'm not
    So...... I'm confused. You actually take what is on the site at face value? You think ALL customers are shaped automatically just because the PDF says so? (And it doesn't even say that, merely that shaping can happen if required) Do you even know anything about DigiCube's network?

They are as of 3 days ago running their whole routing on a server for farks sake, hence half of the extra problems we've been having. As for being selective, with aforementioned routing, you really expect shaping to be automatic, LOL. As for telling them intentions, the text box for putting in that info is... where exactly? It's funny you mention that though, because when we complained to Xobul in IRC about poor speeds (even before we'd done 1TB), and mentioned seedbox usage, he said "shit" and not 48 hours later said he was shaping all our boxes to 20Mbit, which took about 5 hours across the 7 server...

They don't even have the ability to setup your OS in RAID 0 or 10, and only got RAID 5 working a week ago.

I'd assume you don't know any of this or experienced any of it, otherwise you wouldn't be posting like you were an ignorant teenager (and saying you aren't hardly aids your cause) who hasn't actually had any experience with Digi.

On topic though, tal0ne has a good service I've talked to a friend of the guy who runs it, and it is a decent service.
    You interpret my comments as you want. I'm not saying that they have an automated system and advanced automatically applying the limit, I only said that they apply the limit of 1TB to all customers, there are generally no exceptions. If you do not want to accept it is your problem, maybe they donīt apply the cap on your servers because you tell them that youīre going to spent a lot of money on them. Afterwards you spent your 3k and they apply the cap to all your severs, and you didnīt have nothing to do with them, is simple. Good luck with your business
    Last edited by PerMaFrOsT; 03-17-2010 at 03:00 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    Seems to be a new reseller/service. Their "Wicked" server price rocks (1Gbps unmetered just 60EUR per 3months)

Wanna give it a try, but want to hear from someone first...
    Its a old swedish reseller. He have been selling servers at swedish torrentsites before.
    He is a great guy and support is fast.

regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12