Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Locking A Hardrive

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@21 October 2003 - 23:26
    You can Use Magic Folders for hideing a 2nd HD.. (install it to your windows one). It will hide, scramble, and encrypt your files so even HD scanners wont be able to pick them up. (good scanners will pick up Garbled Filenames that are Read-only.. that's better than having them showing. )
    finally. thanks man, i'll check it out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@21 October 2003 - 23:26
    You can Use Magic Folders for hideing a 2nd HD.. (install it to your windows one). It will hide, scramble, and encrypt your files so even HD scanners wont be able to pick them up. (good scanners will pick up Garbled Filenames that are Read-only.. that's better than having them showing. )
    its asking for a password to use the master account... huh?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I read this the other day. It might be of help. HDD when shipped, the arm, similar to a phonograph needle is retracted & locked. I don't what the command is. But I would think this offer simple protection against all but a few who know this command.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    OMG. THIS SHIT IS AMAZING!!! MAGIC FOLDERS IS AWESOME. THANKS A LOT DUDE. U SAVED MY LIFE. SO IF SOME HACKER BROKE IN, HE WON'T BE ABLE TO C THE FOLDERS?

and where do i get a key?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Ex-member
    OK, this is entirely a software question now that you're not interested in the HD temperature monitor.

Wheech.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    ok, nvm. omg, thanks a lot wolfmight. u da man

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    yes Magic Folders is a great tool, yet a hacker can still access it, if u wanna hide it even more, u should've created hidden partition (with encryption) of that drive, like 95% of it.

I have a tool that I got from someone I know at Western Digital, it's a big program and works only WD. However, I'm certain that there are similar to it for diff manuf.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    so people like riaa and mpaa won't c it then? i have a maxtor 120 gb and the one i'm trying to encrypt is a western digital caviar. will the wd work with the soft ur talking about?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I have a little tool that encrypts a file, folder, the whole hd if u want to. The trick about is that it has a timer, once the timer is up then it automatically locks the item. it's a homemade program by some folks in the underground world, I have it installed yet lost/can't find the installation file. I'll repost if I find so I can email it to u. It has more features, yet I won't bore u with them until I get the file first. hopefully.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    do u have that prog now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast