Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Halo Run On My Pc?

Poster
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+(1.53GHz)
    256MB DDR-SDRAM
    40GB Ultra DMA hard drive
    Integrated S3 ProSavage8 3D AGP graphics Up to 32MB shared video memory

What Do You Think.....I'm Downloading It Now Around 2 Hours To Go.....Will It Work?

2. Games   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    it might but your graphics card is way to lord you should at least upgrade to a G-Force Fx 5200 128 meg but it might work i'm not sure. i gotta 1.66 amd athalon with 512 ram and 128 vid card it still went all laggy and slow but when i turned all the functions off it went kinda better but still laggy

PS: do you have a avalible AGP Slot?

3. Games   -   #3
    muchspl2
    the only thing I see a major problem is with your video card, I got a POS 64meg on-board card and it runs like ass unless I turn off everything
    I say get the demo off the site and if you can live with it, get the full download, if not its not a big loss just save up and get a better card

4. Games   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    but he might not have a avalible AGP slot. his vid card is Integrated!!!

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Yeh Lot's Of People Have Told Me That.....I Want To Buy One What's The Best?

Ps: Who Do I Tell If I Have "a avalible AGP Slot"

6. Games   -   #6

The brown one is agp. If you open your case do you see that.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    I Don't Want To Open My Case.....I'll Just Ask The Shop I Bought It From.....Anyway Can You Recommend Some Games That Would Run Good On This Set Up?

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    i just got halo on pc the other day. and im dissapointed, all these idiots comparing it to HL2 and DOOM III graphics, even on the highest resolution it looks nothing like either of those games, and it also doesnt even run that good, i think its engine must be crap or something.

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by stupidguy@21 October 2003 - 00:30
    I Don't Want To Open My Case.....I'll Just Ask The Shop I Bought It From.....Anyway Can You Recommend Some Games That Would Run Good On This Set Up?
    Well your set is not that bad, the diffrence between a AGP card and a onboard is something that I do not know alot about, but when I was running at 256 ram and a 32 MB ati rage card I could play up to GTA 3, with a litle bit of graphical lag on medium settings.

Games of the command and conquer sort should run ok. (I would imagine even the newer ones although I have not played them, they just seem a little less graphicaly hungry to todays FPS's

Hard to say really, I would say that most games over a year old should run semi smoothly on your set up.

10. Games   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yea, a gfx 5200 will work. i have one, and i play at like 1500* watever number resolution, but with everything on low, and now lag at all. i play all my games at that resolution

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast