Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win2000 Pro..

Poster
    My friend has a laptop that was her father's but he just passed away, this laptop is not owned by my friend, is owned by the company my friend's father used to work for, now in this laptop's HDD are some pics of their family...

Now the prob is that we have to find way to get those pics out of that laptop without making anyone in the company know i did it, the prob is that her father set up a password to enter windows....

She has to return the laptop in monday...

I was thinking about installing Win xp pro. then get the pics in a floppy and then somehow uninstall win XP and leave the PC as it as before getting the pics out...

I know you are experts guys, so can someone pleaz help me find the better way to do this... thank you!!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    so this is a windows passord....not a bios one (just makeing sure) also does it have a floppy drive that you can boot from?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    If what you are saying is true, then why not ask the employers permission? I don't see how they could object under the circumstances, so why hide your intentions from them?

I suspect this is another of those 'how do i hack Windows password' type threads, but cunningly disguised with a sad story.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by exeus@22 October 2003 - 17:29
    so this is a windows passord....not a bios one (just makeing sure) also does it have a floppy drive that you can boot from?
    yes is windows protected password not bios...

And im not making this story!!!!! IS real, what happens is that she doesnt want them to see those pics...

THe Laptop has a Floopy dirve but is external VIA USB so i dont think i can boot from there do i?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    ill PM you a link as far as the usb floppy goes i havnt a clue...maybe you could make a bootable cd if ya run into trub booting from floppy.....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    now in this laptop's HDD are some pics of their family...
    she doesnt want them to see those pics...
    Oh right. She doen't want her late fathers former employers to see his family pictures. I'm sorry, it doesn't add up.

Posts just like this get locked about once a week usually. Just because you've attached a dubious sob story to this one, i don't see why the board members should be passing such information about.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH EXEUES!!!!

You like others here, try to help.....

as for you liquidcid go find a flame war somewhere else and remember the forum is to help not to start flame wars....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    no probs mate

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@22 October 2003 - 19:22
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH EXEUES!!!!

You like others here, try to help.....

as for you liquidcid go find a flame war somewhere else and remember the forum is to help not to start flame wars....
    I am not starting a flame war.

There are many previous threads just like this one, all have been locked. Just because you attach a sad story doesn't excuse the fact that this topic isn't permitted under board rules.

I have often helped other posters out, i only usually post in software world. But let's be honest, your thread sounds like bullshit. As a Windows user, i would be concerned if the information you're requesting became common knowledge.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Just partition the hard drive and install xp or 2000 right beside it and then you can access the files from the other partition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast