Thread: New to the world of Blu Ray. Need help.

Poster
    Hey guys, The other day I bought a blu ray rom for my htpc (finally) so I thought id have a go at ripping a disk. I made an ISO with AnyDVD, mounted the ISO with BDDecrypter and try to play the movie with CyberLink PowerDVD 8 (default program that came with my BR ROM) but I get an error saying "unsupported format"

Anyone know a good program to play BR ISO's or BR mounted ISO's?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    try Km media player r Power iso

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The short answer is "it depends". Blu-ray learned from previous experience with cracked DRM. Now, when old keys get cracked, they can be revoked and players can be forced to use new ones. This means that newer discs might not play even when older ones do. The two programs I recommend trying are DumpHD, and if that doesn't work, MakeMKV.
    Last edited by mothis; 03-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Thanks, looks like im going to have to read up on BR's. Im testing out MakeMKV atm.

EDIT: thanks for the help again. I extracted the movie with MakeMKV and it turned it into a single MKV file. VLC couldnt play it so I searched around and found a program called Splash Lite that plays the MKV
    Last edited by huuramis; 03-18-2010 at 02:10 AM.