Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd help - Disabled account

Quote Originally Posted by sickofjesus View Post
    Jimmy24, post your username here please, or try PMing it to me.
    Would rather discuss off forum, doesn't look like I can PM yet. Where can I find you on irc? (other than whatnet seeing as I'm banned from there...)

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Every time I see people spreading bad things about bitme staff (for example) I show up to share how well I was treated when I had problems.

I could be wrong but this looks to be the normal thing to happen. If you like a tracker, you'll try to understand why people have problem with it (when you don't have any) and eventually you'll try to defend it or at least share your experiences.

I'm sure we have plenty of whatcd' users here, and when discussions like this happens they simple don't show up as I expected... =/

If you have 3 or 4 users to harm a tracker's image, people should show up in numbers of 6 to 10 (at least) to defend it.

... my opinion!

ps: Maybe they don't come to defend the tracker because they're afraid of being banned because of it =|

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    Every time I see people spreading bad things about bitme staff (for example) I show up to share how well I was treated when I had problems.

I could be wrong but this looks to be the normal thing to happen. If you like a tracker, you'll try to understand why people have problem with it (when you don't have any) and eventually you'll try to defend it or at least share your experiences.
    Sites don't need defending against idiots. I'm sure their 120 000 enabled members don't miss you much. Though clearly since they're so banhappy that number should be down closer to 1000.
    I'm sure we have plenty of whatcd' users here, and when discussions like this happens they simple don't show up as I expected... =/

If you have 3 or 4 users to harm a tracker's image, people should show up in numbers of 6 to 10 (at least) to defend it.

... my opinion!
    It's actually fairly rare. FST is generally a haven for complainers to come bitch behind fake names and proxies, at some point you either tune them out, or treat them as a source of entertainment. If half the stuff said about trackers on this forum were true, half the sites would have no members, the entire BT world would be one giant conspiracy to screw over each individual user, donations would frequently be used to buy sports cars for the sysops, and tracker levels would actually be an indication of tracker quality. There's really no need to defend against people making baseless accusations.
    ps: Maybe they don't come to defend the tracker because they're afraid of being banned because of it =|
    Yeah, I actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but they put my name up for a global ban!!!111!!!!! Not only that, but they released my personal details in a scenenotice!!!!!![/sarcasm]

Complete hypocritical powerwanters assholes all-of-them--petty.
    Such a kind attitude surely helped you in the support channel.

Christ, there used to be a time when IQs on FST were higher than the member's age. I miss those days
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-19-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: removed excessive profanity
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I only have good experiences with what.cd staff.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    I'm just going to paste something I wrote earlier on the subject:

Have you ever worked at a torrent tracker? Do you know what it's like running a disabled channel? Do you have any idea what sort of scum you deal with every day, how many lies you hear, how many bullshit stories, how many traders, cheaters, sellers, and idiots assure you that "they'll be back"? If not, then perhaps you should realize that it gives you a bit of a different perspective on matters like this

Do you really think that the best part of a moderators day is hunting traders? Comparing IP matches? Talking to a bunch of lying bastards? Working in a disabled channel is by far the worst part of staffing a torrent site. It's extremely time consuming, and it's time that's often wasted, wasted so that people can have a second chance they may or may not deserve. Control doesn't mean shit. The thrill of hitting a ban button wears off in about ten seconds, and you're rebuked by your higher ups if you start banning without cause.

The best part of your job is doing positive stuff that makes your site better, not dealing with a bunch of scumbags. Sure, you might think it's fun to sit there and "play god". Now think about what happens when you spend a few hours a day, every day of your life, hearing the same bullshit excuses from hundreds of traders, cheaters, invite sellers, etc. It gets fucking stupid pretty quick, I can guarantee you that. If a few good users fall through the cracks, you can thank the cheater that used your exact same excuse yesterday.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 03-19-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Sites don't need defending against idiots. I'm sure their 120 000 enabled members don't miss you much.
    Don't miss ME much? What do you mean?
    If you think I was a member there, sorry, you're wrong! I was never a WhatCD member and unless they have something else than "musics" to offer, I'll never have any interest on that tracker. I'm not a "music lover" you know.

There's really no need to defend against people making baseless accusations.
    You're too generalist for my tastes. I have no doubt that we have a lot of good users here (and even new ones). Many that comes here looking for help. Real people with real problems, not "fake" people surfing through proxies as you say.

Is it difficult to know who is who over the internet? Yes, but you can't simple assume that we're always dealing with "baseless accusations".

Yeah, I actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but they put my name up for a global ban!!!111!!!!! Not only that, but they released my personal details in a scenenotice!!!!!![/sarcasm]
    Again, your assuming everyone has nothing better to do than come here and lie to everyone else and yet beg for their accounts back. Uuuhhhhh, so smart!

If you're not here to help, please, at least keep your sarcasm to yourself or express it when you're sure that the person you're dealing with IS someone who actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but also...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    You seem to assume when I say that I've worked as staff, I mean that I've staffed there. You'd be incorrect

Speaking of assumptions, if you haven't been a member and have never had any dealings with their staff, the following statement doesn't really hold much weight:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th
    I'm starting to think that what's staff has some real problem... I just don't know "what" problem it could be =/

But we already have a small list of unhappy ex-users of that tracker... something must be wrong and I think the staff should "rethink" what's going wrong...
    You're too generalist for my tastes. I have no doubt that we have a lot of good users here (and even new ones). Many that comes here looking for help. Real people with real problems, not "fake" people surfing through proxies as you say.
    Real people generally get helped, as the OP has already had a request to PM the staff here. It's far more common to come vent here because you can do so without consequences and without staff knowing who you are.
    Is it difficult to know who is who over the internet? Yes, but you can't simple assume that we're always dealing with "baseless accusations".
    I've seen one person other than the OP in this thread with specific accusations against the site that could have been incorrect. The others are either confirmed rule breakers, or trolls. It's not too hard to classify those accusations as baseless.
    Again, your assuming everyone has nothing better to do than come here and lie to everyone else and yet beg for their accounts back. Uuuhhhhh, so smart!

If you're not here to help, please, at least keep your sarcasm to yourself or express it when you're sure that the person you're dealing with IS someone who actually not only got banned and g-lined for saying anything positive, but also...
    My posts are generally targeted towards people like you who are talking about stuff they don't have experience with, or the others who whine about being disabled, rather than the OP. If you'd rather have me post a bland "I've never had problems with their staff", I could do that. It doesn't really contribute much though.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    You seem to assume when I say that I've worked as staff, I mean that I've staffed there. You'd be incorrect
    uh, sorry to disappoint you again but I just read that post of yours after posting mine...

Speaking of assumptions, if you haven't been a member and have never had any dealings with their staff, the following statement doesn't really hold much weight

I'm starting to think that what's staff has some real problem... I just don't know "what" problem it could be =/
    What part in the beginning of this phrase you had difficulties to understand?

"I'm starting to think..."

Yes, it's hard to notice, I know, but if you pay good attention you'll see that there's some difference between phrases like "I'm starting to think" and...
    My posts are generally targeted towards people like you
    In the first case, the person is not even really "thinking" anything yet... it's just "starting to think".

But, in the second case, the person who talks (BEHOLD!) assumes he knows the people he targets (in this case, ME).

Since you're not dumb (and with the help of this awesome explanation) you can now understand some of those differences!

If you will, you may even print this wonderful "tutorial" and affix it to your refrigerator's door.

Well, at least something you assumed about me is true... I was never a staff member of any tracker or even someone important, totally different from YOU (BEHOLD! ).

May I pm you now to say how much I'm sorry? Yes, I'm dumb, I assume! Please forgive me!

Well, time's up! You may bother to answer or quote any of my phrases again, but from my side our little debate has finished and guess what? YOU WIN MAN! Isn't it awesome?! Are you happy now?

Oh, ok, better explain it this way:
    me =
    YOU =
    got it?

Anyway, I won't bother to quote you anymore since I have so much better things to do in my life (who could imagine that?)

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    WakeMeUp's Avatar Obey! BT Rep: +2

Hip Hip Hooray.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    The bottom line is, I have worked at a tracker. I know what's involved. You have not and do not, and based on your attitude probably never will.
    ca_aok thinks he is greater than everyone else, and everything he says is golden just because he staffed somewhere.

Just because I haven't staffed at a site nullifies my ideas? I think that is a load of bullshit.
    There is nothing that will change my mind that they abused their powers and even more so they enjoy banning people.

I think its great that you helped out a community by staffing, but if you did it to think you will have an advantage over people because they have not staffed you're greatly mistaken.

Also me never staffing?.. Yes that would greatly increase my epen if I staffed somewhere... Give me a break, you talk about me being childish lol.
    I'm sure you kissed ass 24/7 to get your staff position.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 03-19-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast