Thread: Audiogalaxy Clone Gains Momentum

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=280

October 22, 2003
    Ciarán Tannam

Since the days of AudioGalaxy many have attempted to imitate the unique P2P experience that AudioGalaxy gave. Few have perfected it to the extent of GLT Poliane. With GLT Poliane providing many of the features that AudioGalaxy once had, it is gaining some popularity as a home for ex-AudioGalaxy lovers.

The AudioGalaxy experience was one of a centralised server that liked users files to a web based interface where you could find almost any music file provided you queued up your files. It was also known for the recommendations on similar music types that more often than not found something to your taste. If this unique P2P interface was for you then you will not be disappointed by GLT Poliane.

However, GLT is not without its limitations, they concern its user base and it’s AudioGalaxy like centralisation. GLT seems to be completely centralised something which helped lead to the downfall of AudioGalaxy. Although the location of the server for GLT seems to be several non-US countries this is unlikely to stop the pursuit of the recording authorities should it reach their radar.

The rebirth of the AudioGalaxy experience hinges on the ability of GLT to migrate enough users to their service, that although has been there for some time, it has only started to get people talking lately.
    http://www.gltpoliane.com/

I tried it doesnt look to bad nice web interface, wonder how long it will take before it's shut down.

2. Music   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ok tnx I wil have a quick look

3. Music   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Damn.....there goes alot of Resources/People from SoulSeek.

4. Music   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    not likley

5. Music   -   #5
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    not from our room atleast

6. Music   -   #6
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    It definitely haws potential but who wants their IP and their MP3 file collection details kept on a server that no one knows the location off?