Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Cliques Good Or Bad?

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    My feeling is they are a guilty pleasure. Something you shouldn't like, but are powerless to stop liking it. In this thread, Lamsey says they're bad. What do you think?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    sometimes my hard drive clicks.
    that's REALLY bad

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Lounge   -   #3
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    that's it sparse, you are BANNED from my soulseek clique

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    OMG! Uncovered and exposed! LMAO!

eeeeerrrrrrrr.......It's a very open clique.... we just luuuuuurve fresh blood.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    My 2 cents:

I think they are BAD. Why? Because they close folks out.

I've found that when I trying to talk to/help some of the members here.
    They ask a question, I answer it, and just get totally ignored... there's not even a thankyou.

Some 'in' person comes along later, says the same thing (or just says something dumb as a joke) and my input just gets lost in a pile of spam.

Its very discouraging.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by uNz[i
    ,23 October 2003 - 04:26] My 2 cents:

I think they are BAD. Why? Because they close folks out.

I've found that when I trying to talk to/help some of the members here.
    They ask a question, I answer it, and just get totally ignored... there's not even a thankyou.

Some 'in' person comes along later, says the same thing (or just says something dumb as a joke) and my input just gets lost in a pile of spam.

Its very discouraging.
    Yes this does happen ocassionally Unz. But remember you have helped. The satisfaction of having done that is all that matters. Acknowledgment can sometimes be overlooked in the spamming, and, sometimes genuine help is overlooked because of the fact that some members are only concerned with the replies of specific members(Hello Darling. That should keep this thread alive. ) We all have to live with it. Relax and chill out.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BANNED
    The clique that Lamesy was referring to, is a group of us who arrived on this forum together, friends. We made a virtual nightclub, "Rikk and Cowsy's", one of many. We use them to help us settle into new forums, to keep in touch with friends, and to meet new people.

Lamesy's remark seemed to infer that it was a bad thing, that's bollocks! No-one on this forum is singled out for remarks like that, don't do it to us. We all contribute to this board in our own ways, as do you all, everyone of you.

The reason we stick together should be obvious, we're mates, we look after each other, one out, all out, that's how we are.

As for shutting people out, I'd like to see anyone offer a single example of any of us ever shutting anyone out. We are the opposite.

The word clique is not inherently bad, it can mean something as simple as a group of friends, as in our case. You could also call all of us, the whole forum, a clique.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Ex-member
    Yup, I wasn't trying to insult your group, just making the point that they are somewhat cliqueish (hehe, another new word invented..).

It's certainly not a bad thing as such, I was just saying that some of the members of your group would get more out of BBs if they occasionally ventured outside of the 'clubs'.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Lamsey@23 October 2003 - 10:09
    cliqueish (hehe, another new word invented..).

Sorry Bob it is already in the dictionary.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by bigboab+23 October 2003 - 10:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 23 October 2003 - 10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@23 October 2003 - 10:09
    cliqueish (hehe, another new word invented..).

Sorry Bob it is already in the dictionary. [/b][/quote]
    Good grief, so it is.

Spelt it wrong, though... should be &#39;cliquish&#39;.

You learn something new every day. I guess I don&#39;t have to go to uni now

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast