Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Installing Program Troubles

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    875
    I know this has nothing to do with k-lite but please try to help me. I am trying to install a program from a cd(i bought it) but it says Could Not Create Key [\Software\Broderbund Software\ The Print Shop Family] under root HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in registry. I ask this question on the k-lite forum because I had the same problem when I was installing k-lite but I cant remember what I was told to do to fix it. Please Help.

    Thanks

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by 3223@23 October 2003 - 22:23
    I know this has nothing to do with k-lite but please try to help me. I am trying to install a program from a cd(i bought it) but it says Could Not Create Key [\Software\Broderbund Software\ The Print Shop Family] under root HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in registry. I ask this question on the k-lite forum because I had the same problem when I was installing k-lite but I cant remember what I was told to do to fix it. Please Help.

    Thanks
    you'll need to give some more info on this one, to get help with it. Like what version of windows you are using, if it has administrator rights, what software isn't being installed, and stuff like that.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    are you running xp? if so the disc you are trying to install may not be xp compatible if it printing software, its also quite common with kids learning discs, look on the cover and see what os the disc was written for and if it is say "win95" then put the disc in ya cdrom and when it autostarts cancel it, then right click "my computer" then "explore" and then right click on the cdrom drive which has the cd you trying to install and "explore" the cd. Now there will be a file that says setup.exe, right click on it and click "properties" and then "compatibility" tick the box that says "run this program in compatibility for" and choose "win95" (or whatever operating system the disc was written for) and click apply, now try and install it, xp will "pretend" to be win95 for the installation. after its installed right click on the shortcut and do same again, xp will now "pretend" to be win95 to run the program.

    note you must uninstall the program first and then do the above. wont work with all old discs, but ive used this trick a few times and got things to install and run. hope this is of some help to ya

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    875
    Originally posted by boyzeee@24 October 2003 - 05:39
    are you running xp? if so the disc you are trying to install may not be xp compatible if it printing software, its also quite common with kids learning discs, look on the cover and see what os the disc was written for and if it is say "win95" then put the disc in ya cdrom and when it autostarts cancel it, then right click "my computer" then "explore" and then right click on the cdrom drive which has the cd you trying to install and "explore" the cd. Now there will be a file that says setup.exe, right click on it and click "properties" and then "compatibility" tick the box that says "run this program in compatibility for" and choose "win95" (or whatever operating system the disc was written for) and click apply, now try and install it, xp will "pretend" to be win95 for the installation. after its installed right click on the shortcut and do same again, xp will now "pretend" to be win95 to run the program.

    note you must uninstall the program first and then do the above. wont work with all old discs, but ive used this trick a few times and got things to install and run. hope this is of some help to ya
    yes im runnin xp. the disc just says windows.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    you could still tyr runnin a different compatability mode, try bozeee's tip and let us know if it worked or not
    (btw, you're in 'softwareworld', you're safe from persecution... )
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    and i think the topic you're looking for is here
    (if you cant find the topic, just click on your screen name and then select 'view all posts' and browse til you find it, or next time you find something you think you may want to read again later, stick in your favorites folder in your browser, it helps me, kind of a quick link back to useful info)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    875
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@25 October 2003 - 02:35
    you could still tyr runnin a different compatability mode, try bozeee's tip and let us know if it worked or not
    (btw, you're in 'softwareworld', you're safe from persecution... )
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Its not working! Im getting really pissed off! Im about to throw out the software(but i really dont want to because its great software&#33. It wont even let me unistall the program! What should i do??!!?

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    875
    Originally posted by darkewolf+24 October 2003 - 05:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (darkewolf @ 24 October 2003 - 05:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3223@23 October 2003 - 22:23
    I know this has nothing to do with k-lite but please try to help me.&nbsp; I am trying to install a program from a cd(i bought it) but it says Could Not Create Key [&#092;Software&#092;Broderbund Software&#092; The Print Shop Family] under root HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in registry.&nbsp; I ask this question on the k-lite forum because I had the same problem when I was installing k-lite but I cant remember what I was told to do to fix it.&nbsp; Please Help.

    Thanks
    you&#39;ll need to give some more info on this one, to get help with it. Like what version of windows you are using, if it has administrator rights, what software isn&#39;t being installed, and stuff like that. [/b][/quote]
    i have XP, i have admin. rights, and the software is called The Print Shop Signature Greetings. Does that help??

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Originally posted by 3223@24 October 2003 - 18:58
    It wont even let me unistall the program&#33; What should i do??&#33;&#33;?
    you can probably get most of it out by manually deleting files ( just go through directory where it installed it e.g., &#39;C:&#092;Program Files&#39; or where ever it put it) it&#39;ll leave reg entries behind, but theres freeware utilities to remove those
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Originally posted by 3223@24 October 2003 - 19:00

    i have XP, i have admin. rights, and the software is called The Print Shop Signature Greetings. Does that help??
    where&#39;d ya get the software? couldnt find it in broderbund&#39;s xp software list....
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •