Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weird Computer Temp

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yea, lol. probably. but wat is it like really? where is the temp coming from?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It must be short circuits!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    thanks... that helped a lot

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Read the documentation, it tells you that you get strange figures from devices that aren't there.

I'm really glad to find this bit of software, according to my mobo documentation I can't control the cpu fan from software, but this certainly seems to do it. My cpu temp has risen from 31C to 34C by lowering the fan speed from 2400 to 1500, but it will go back up as the temp approaches 40C. Nice
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    u can change the cpu fan speed? how?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    First of all you need to work out which controller is for the cpu fan. It will be one of those Speed0x boxes with a %age figure. lower one of those down a bit and see which one changes the cpu fan speed. The other one would control your case fan if you had one running from the motherboard.

In configuration, select the Temps tab, select cpu temp, then at bottom of window you can put in desired and warning cpu temps. Click on the + next to cpu temp and you see the fan speeds which affect cpu temp. Tick the one you found above, untick the other.

Now select the Speeds tab, and you can change the name of the cpu fan control. Untick the other box so that it doesn't appear anywhere else. Select the cpu fan again and you can set the maximum and minimum speeds. I suggest you DON'T leave the minimum at 0%. You can also tick the box which says Automatically variated for the software to control the fan speed, but I think you need to play about with the controls manually to find out what works best before you set that option.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123