Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nvidia Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra Against Ati Radeon 98

Poster
    Originally posted by Kenny1036@22 November 2003 - 17:10
    just trying to raise my post count

:rtfm:

btw good post adam

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    anyway....to the post i always find these benchmark programs a tad misleading, most of them say to have a freshly installed os with nothing running in background and ideally no other programs installed, its just not how the average pc is setup, ie firewalls and av's running and all the other background services. when it comes down to day to day use any good graphics card and reasonably fast processor will cope with what you throw at it, i got 128mb ddr gf4 8x (under £50), and amd xp2400 and it plays my games, dvds etc with no flicker or loss of quality even when the frame rates are full on. maybe if i had a much faster card i would notice the difference? the same as when i went from 16mb to 32mb then on to 64mb card. but from 64 to 128 i gotta say i dont really notice any real difference just my opinion, and a full on gamer is gonna tear me down here! but i think you should buy a card with it in mind of what you actually gonna be using it for and not based on scores that in the real world dont really apply to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12