Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction On PC To Require Persistent Online Connection

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

Angry

Splinter Cell Conviction On PC To Require Persistent Online Connection
    February 26, 2010

" Due for inclusion in the PC version of Assassin’s Creed 2 and Settlers VII, a large chunk of gamers have been in uproar over Ubisoft’s controversial DRM scheme that requires an active internet connection in the background while playing. For those that thought this was a one-time only test run, think again. A company representative has confirmed with PC Gamer magazine that a number of future titles will employ use of the anti-piracy protection scheme. These include Splinter Cell Conviction, Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and the all new Ghost Recon.
    When asked if all Ubi titles going forward would take advantage of it, the rep remarked, “It’s hard for us to say, yes, from now until the day that we all die all of our games are going to include this but most will.”
    It’s clear the industry needs to find new ways to clamp down on PC piracy but is this approach moving towards the right direction? Should legit consumers have to jump through more hoops than those shamelessly downloading from torrent sites? It’s a fine line to be sure. "

Source: exophase.com

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    I must say Ubi did a pretty good job on this new DRM. There is still no scene release for Assassin Creed 2.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    The day there is, it will be the same day they will release splinter cell too.
    Still 3 weeks to go. (I don't give a damn about AC2, I want splinter cell )

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    The Company BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Cabalo i think if you wanna play Splinter Cell like me, we have to pay for that LOL

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    surely they can work around this? just make a "fake" connection to the net, just record what data is actually sent while playing the game and just make the game think this data etc is being sent/recieved O_o then again nothing is that easy

sure someone will find a way around it but i plan on buying SC for xbox anyway =] or atleast wait for my friend to get it and borrow it off him like i do with most games ^^ saves me £ so its like i get the game free just gotta wait till he completes it which is usually a week or 2! FULL ON NERD!

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DATTER View Post
    Cabalo i think if you wanna play Splinter Cell like me, we have to pay for that LOL
    That wasn't on my plans. I've bought Chaos Theory some months after it was released off ebay for 12€, so I'm not too sad if I have to repeat the same move.

I feel much more sad because SLB won last match

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATTER View Post
    That wasn't on my plans. I've bought Chaos Theory some months after it was released off ebay for 12€, so I'm not too sad if I have to repeat the same move.

Starforce?

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    So what happens when you have comcast, and the internet goes out 2-3 times a month?

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

Starforce?
    Unfortunately
    Remember Toca Race Driver 2 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory took several months to be cracked.
    I'm too fanatic for splinter cell, and I couldn't wait.

Meanwhile I borrowed someone the game and haven't seen it since

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijustwantanzb View Post
    surely they can work around this? just make a "fake" connection to the net, just record what data is actually sent while playing the game and just make the game think this data etc is being sent/recieved O_o then again nothing is that easy

sure someone will find a way around it but i plan on buying SC for xbox anyway =] or atleast wait for my friend to get it and borrow it off him like i do with most games ^^ saves me £ so its like i get the game free just gotta wait till he completes it which is usually a week or 2! FULL ON NERD!
    At the website of settlers 7 they said they patch the game so the core features work if they ever discontinue the service. So it is just a matter of time someone cracks this security measure and reproduces such a crack.

The only question is, what will Ubisoft think of after that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast