Thread: What happened to Vortex Network?

Anyone know? Site seems down now. Has it closed down for good?
    Last edited by dvdasacd; 03-27-2010 at 10:15 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    They were so secretive no one will ever hear about them again.

About the usual talk "donate or we shut down the site", it's as pitiful as it gets. Whenever someone starts any project, be it a tracker or any other business, it must rely that it will generate some profit in some given time frame, and meanwhile inject capital there. Only after they reach the break-even they can start thinking in the directions some try to institute since the day they opened doors.

Clearly, limiting their userbase to become leet, has its drawbacks. No money, no clown.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 03-27-2010 at 05:38 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Last thing I heard was that they'd be closing down due to "lack of member support". They even considered putting ads on the site as a last effort to stay up.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Cabalo, you business majors make simple logic sound like complicated theories.

EDIT: Now that I read around; bahahahahahaha. My stomach aches from laughter. Some of this tracker's members are absolute nutjobs. Take this one comment for example:

being that in the “Eye of the Storm’s” case maybe it was TOO good… being too exclusive for mostly anyone to get into… including yourself.
    Does he even realize how idiotic he sounds? No offense to any mac users, but this is the exact mac user mentality, the elitism associated with owning the machine, applied to private trackers. Priceless.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 03-27-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Go Leafs Go.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Well I chanced upon Google's cache of the index page on the day it closed down (2 Feb). Here is a permanent peeep of it.

http://www.peeep.us/c00cecdf