Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The bittard section

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    and the continued acting career of Shia LaBeouf
    He's started acting? That will be a switch from what I've seen! Don't get me started on Hollywood's groomed "big stars of the future"... I'll just say I would rather see Short Round in another Jones movie that him.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Although if someone what's to talk about doing twice a day workouts or corncob pullups in the sports section I'd be willing to give it a go.
    Nice to hear that youre still working out. The day feels better when youre occupying your mind and body.
    Im about to get back at it as well in a month or two.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3

I like it ,it's quiet here .I have anyoneamuse on ignore so I'm more or alone.
    Actually I'd prefer to hang out in the movie section but I've given up on trying to defeat the " i seen Avatar 10/10 "crowd.......

Yes isn't it pleasant with anoneemuse/J-dye on ignore.She must be the most currently ignored member (which I suppose is an achievement in that negative attention kind of way).
    I have wandered over to the movie section on occasion but the insert name of movie here 6/10 cretins do spoil any sort of intelligent discussion....or even discussion..... It's like a spam marathon event with numbers, right up there along with rate that ass for intellectual depth.
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-01-2010 at 12:20 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Lounge   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I've finally admitted defeat .There are only so many times and so many ways to ask/cajole /beg people to (at least minimally )adhere to the thread title ( I naively thought changing it would make a difference) before even the strongest determination falters.

Totally drained me of desire to post my opinions there .I mean , no offense to canines ,but even the most deluded person somewhere along the line figures out that reading Thoreau to dogs isn't really accomplishing anything.

Short review of the "What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?" thread

3/10
    I'd give it a one but occasionally among the pap and unoriginality there are still moments of brilliance.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Even if you can't change the world you can still read only the posts that have something more to say than a 10/10. One clocker's post worth the reading of 2-3 pages of dumb comments. And he is not the only example.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

6. Lounge   -   #16
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by brightsid View Post
    Even if you can't change the world you can still read only the posts that have something more to say than a 10/10. One clocker's post worth the reading of 2-3 pages of dumb comments. And he is not the only example.
    Agreed. It's easy to see which posts are shit, since they aren't long.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brightsid View Post
    Agreed. It's easy to see which posts are shit, since they aren't long.
    Oh I've read some really bad long posts, even written a few So length isn't always a judge of the content (especially with some of our more phonetic spelling members at the helm of said posts). But I do absolutely agree that there is nothing thought provoking about a numerical answer to a question.
    You can even try this at home, next time your wife/girlfriend/significant other cooks a nice meal and fishes for a compliment and you reply with 3/10, after you get out of the hospital you will have a whole new understanding..............

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. Lounge   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Not to make any kind of argument for the numbers-only movie reviewers, but if a friend were to tell me his wife was a 3/10 cook, I would be far more inclined to invite the couple over for a meal than I would want to go to their house.

But in terms of a movie review, I find it truly sad that someone can watch a 90 minute movie and still be unable to express their experience with nothing more than a single sentence or number value...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by silverxire View Post
    See what I mean ? If that doesn't suck the soul from from body I don't know what will.
    I taw Avatar , one of the most historically significant, if not necessarily great, but historically significant movies in the 100 odd years of cinema and I tink :d.
    Not even a fucking word ,just :d.

God I'm semi-retarded and I did a better job of reviewing the fucking film just now than the contribution of that moran.

I'm requesting quite seriously of management that anyone in the future posting such utterly useless shit be actually docked in there post count.
    Then let's see if the little fuckers ever get into the invite section.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by silverxire View Post
    See what I mean ? If that doesn't suck the soul from from body I don't know what will.
    I taw Avatar , one of the most historically significant, if not necessarily great, but historically significant movies in the 100 odd years of cinema and I tink :d.
    Not even a fucking word ,just :d.

God I'm semi-retarded and I did a better job of reviewing the fucking film just now than the contribution of that moran.

I'm requesting quite seriously of management that anyone in the future posting such utterly useless shit be actually docked in there post count.
    Then let's see if the little fuckers ever get into the invite section.
    You're so beautiful when you're angry.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast