Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I know this is piling on, but

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    We are already bankrupt and our economy is crap...rebuilding on a more sustainable platform would not be so terribly disruptive.

You say "guilt trip", I say "responsible foresight".
    Why is our national behavior to be dictated by that of India or China?
    Have they become the ideal to which we aspire?

If China and India jumped off a cliff, would you follow suit?
    So then-

We are so fucked, why not make it immeasurably worse, and no fair leaving that trail of bread-crumbs, AND-

While India and China get well stomping the ever-loving fuck out of us economically, we shackle them to the nearest solid object so that we may jump off the cliff all by ourselves?

No, thanks.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Jesus, how narrow minded can you be?

You think we're capable of competing with China and India?
    Where does the vast workforce come from?
    Should we repeal 50 years of environmental stewardship and turn our country into a cesspool so we can go head to head with the Chinese making useless electronic trinkets?

What a bright and alluring future you envision.

"Daddy, when I grow up I want to be a Chinese factory worker...just like you."
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    惡魔的提倡者
    Where is the proof, theories don't count, that implementing clean changes will bankrupt us? It's just the natural cycle of progress.

The invention of the tractor put a lot of farmhands out of work (not to mention horses). One form of employment fell off and another started up.

As dirty jobs fall, clean ones will replace them.

Again I'm amazed at your old style labor union anti change stance.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 04-01-2010 at 01:47 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Jesus, how narrow minded can you be?

You think we're capable of competing with China and India?
    Where does the vast workforce come from?
    Should we repeal 50 years of environmental stewardship and turn our country into a cesspool so we can go head to head with the Chinese making useless electronic trinkets?

What a bright and alluring future you envision.

"Daddy, when I grow up I want to be a Chinese factory worker...just like you."
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Where is the proof, theories don't count, that implementing clean changes will bankrupt us? It's just the natural cycle of progress.

The invention of the tractor put a lot of farmhands out of work (not to mention horses). One form of employment fell off and another started up.

As dirty jobs fall, clean ones will replace them.

Again I'm amazed at your old style labor union style anti change stance.
    Oh, for fuck's sake - you two are thick as a whale omelet.

I'm going to bed.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Being egregiously wrong makes Kev tired apparently.

Get some rest so you can arise tomorrow and again deny global warming, Obama's birthplace and the benefits of health care.

It's a tough job and must really tucker you out.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    惡魔的提倡者
    Rumor has it the "assumptions" fox made in the article aren't exactly accurate. Not just on the supposed "quote" admission about data from the NASA guy but also on the "climategate" story.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Rumor has it the "assumptions" fox made in the article aren't exactly accurate. Not just on the supposed "quote" admission about data from the NASA guy but also on the "climategate" story.
    No wonder you're so continually off-track...everything you believe is fueled by "rumor".

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Unlike Fox, which is fueled by fantasy.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    The question that keeps going through my mind about man-made global warming is this...

We know there were ice ages in the past, before humans ever even built a factory. What made the ice melt away back then? How do we know for certain that whatever made the ice melt away back then is not responsible for global warming today?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    The question that keeps going through my mind about man-made global warming is this...

We know there were ice ages in the past, before humans ever even built a factory. What made the ice melt away back then? How do we know for certain that whatever made the ice melt away back then is not responsible for global warming today?
    You raise an excellent point, and that's not fair.

In any case, whatever the answer to that question may be, it is under the proprietary control of the global-warming gang.

To request such relevant information is to risk ridicule, and (soon, potentially) legal censure.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast