Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free Filesharing Will Always Exist..

djfactory
    100% true. no1 can stop filesharing clients such as Kazaa. they stopped some of them because they used central servers so they was easy 2 stop. but kazaa and many new 1s arnt like it. so LONG LIVE KAZAA

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    hey whats the problem Sid Hartha ??
    It's good news..You don't need to go to the cinema when you have a home cinema system with great surround sound and a big projector which I point on a special wall.. I've the same quality like in the cinema..you just need to connect this thing to the pc..of course it depends on the quality of the file you downloaded...
    And I really can't hear the big difference between mp3s or wmas and a normal cd... When you don't like mp3s you can download a big wav file...
    And when many people would buy home cinema systems they would become cheaper and cheaper and cheaper..so later everyone would have their home cinema system..
    oh yeah and on this home cinema system you can also listen mp3s with great sound !!
    then you don't need to go to the cinema and pay for the watching...
    Filesharing is great in every case !!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by cappella(m)@30 October 2003 - 21:04
    hey whats the problem Sid Hartha ??
    It's good news..You don't need to go to the cinema when you have a home cinema system with great surround sound and a big projector which I point on a special wall.. I've the same quality like in the cinema..you just need to connect this thing to the pc..of course it depends on the quality of the file you downloaded...
    And I really can't hear the big difference between mp3s or wmas and a normal cd... When you don't like mp3s you can download a big wav file...
    And when many people would buy home cinema systems they would become cheaper and cheaper and cheaper..so later everyone would have their home cinema system..
    oh yeah and on this home cinema system you can also listen mp3s with great sound !!
    then you don't need to go to the cinema and pay for the watching...
    Filesharing is great in every case !! 
    Hey capella.
    It's sounds like you actually read my comments. For that, I salute you!

may I retort...

"You don't need to go to the cinema..."
    But I like to go to the cinema.

"I've the same quality like in the cinema..you just need to connect this thing to the pc..of course it depends on the quality of the file you downloaded..."
    Ahh, see that's the problem. There's this thing called compression. You need to compress video files, otherwise a standard 720x486 video file @30fps would take up over a Gig for every minute. Even a reasonable quality compressed file - like mpeg2 (DVD) - is gonna be at least 2-3 Gigs for a feature film. The smaller files - like DiVX and mpeg4 - are okay for looking at on a small screen, but once you project the image it looks like crap (I've seen this demonstrated).
    Personally I enjoy DVD but it's still no comparison to 35mm film. (I used to be a projectionist, so maybe it's in my blood.)
    Maybe darkmind is correct that the internet will destroy filmmaking and theaters. To me it's a depressing thought.

"And I really can't hear the big difference between mp3s or wmas"
    Well, in a way you're luck then. Some people can, some don't.

"When you don't like mp3s you can download a big wav file.."
    have you tried this? I haven't seen much WAV trading. Besides, it seems like a waste of effort. Really, I don't have that big of a problem buying the occasional CD if I really like it.

And to repeat: Yes, I like filesharing. I download mp3s. I download movies. I just hope this doesn't end up destroying the real thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123