Thread: Mirc Connection Problems

can anyone tell me why i get a message like connection closed: requirement speed is below 5 or something...i'm on 56k granted does mirc hate 56kers? also it doesn't close the connection right away. it might take anywhere from 10-20 min before it does and sometimes at about 2 mins. i see my connection rate go lower then 5kB/s many times before it closes finally...any help would be awesome.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    so iam not the only one with same problem
    i have adsl and for 1st using mIRC ma d/l rate is 46 and after few min or some times hrs it just stops and with same error massege but it say requierd 2kbps and ma rate was 30 when d/l was puased

why?

help us plz

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mirc is a great way to download stuff u can't get anywhere else it a good speed i've looked everywhere to find out about minimum speed requirements and how to tell what they are for a certain channel...can anyone give any info about this?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Some users, not all, will set a minimum kb/s on their fserv - if your download drops below this minimum for a sustained amount of time, you will be disconnected - what drives me nuts with this is when people limit it, and then they can't supply you with the bandwidth and you get cut off - happens to me all the time. I won't have anything else going at all, and my download drops below 10kb/s or whatever their minimum is and I get cut off. I know for a fact, it isn't me, I'm on a 3mbit/s line...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Its BS, notting is complete every thing has some thing wrong
    i thought mIRC is without any problems but i was wrong

how we can put our pc on thinking that our d/l is going on

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    It all depends on who you are downloading from. Some servers put a minimum, others do not - my own fserv, I don't care, but other people do. If you look at it this way - most people have a limited queue set up, and limited number of simultaneous uploads. When they get a really slow connection, it ties up one of these slots for a long time, and hangs up the queue as well. In cases like this, I tend to add another send slot for a while until the slow connection is done. Others put the minimum bandwidth requirement in place for this reason. Mirc is still a great way to get/send files, you just have to check people's server messages - if they have a minimum, they'll most likely have that advertised.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Some ISP's throttle the IRC ports when the packethandlers detect large usage of those.
    That could explain why your speed slows down after a while...
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    where exactly can i find the server messages? is that the first stuff that comes up right after i connect?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Stay away from a fast channel.

Don't be pissed. Think about it. If you had high speed connection, and you went into a fast channel with super fast bots. Would you want 56Kers to hog up the limited que?

I sure as hell don't want that.

Try looking for a 56K channel on efnet

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by NikkiD@26 October 2003 - 00:44
    It all depends on who you are downloading from. Some servers put a minimum, others do not - my own fserv, I don't care, but other people do. If you look at it this way - most people have a limited queue set up, and limited number of simultaneous uploads. When they get a really slow connection, it ties up one of these slots for a long time, and hangs up the queue as well. In cases like this, I tend to add another send slot for a while until the slow connection is done. Others put the minimum bandwidth requirement in place for this reason. Mirc is still a great way to get/send files, you just have to check people's server messages - if they have a minimum, they'll most likely have that advertised.
    but i remember ma d/l speed was 41 and sudenlly it stoped, this ma main quis why its like that

Benjamen button