Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bt Downloading

Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1@25 October 2003 - 08:24
    ???

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    When I posted that symbol your topic was not above mine I hate when that happens but anyway why can't u just let it download at the rate it's going the majority of people are getting same thing u are. Y are u in such a rush?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    [/B]
    Originally posted by RedRival@25 October 2003 - 07:24
    I'll look into musleman's post, but I was fiddling around with the client and I clicked on "finish allocation". Ok, what the heck did that allocation thing do? My download doesn't seem to be affected but what has it performed?
    Re above:

No, he gave the same answer to different questions asked!

All download speed questions are nothing to do with your "ports" etc, only about your upl vs dl ratio, and and the client that your up'ing froms speed. So only on the only on the rarest of occaisions, can YOU change it, so live with it!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    With Shadow's client you want to status light to be green not yellow. You could of let those ports through software firewall lets say but not hardware router/firewall. You have to do in both or it will not work. If the light is green the speed should speed up soon. Ever since I made myself un-firewalled I have been getting great speeds on BT.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Will you all forget ports, routers and firewalls

What affects your speed not access is the question.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by jfm@25 October 2003 - 01:29

Seriously WTF are you talking about? Are you trying to imply that in BT that it doesnt matter if you open ports and firewalls have nothing to do with speed? Your a f*cking dumbass!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by the-ninja69+25 October 2003 - 08:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the-ninja69 @ 25 October 2003 - 08:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jfm@25 October 2003 - 01:29

Seriously WTF are you talking about? Are you trying to imply that in BT that it doesnt matter if you open ports and firewalls have nothing to do with speed? Your a f*cking dumbass&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Yes I am suggesting that. And no I&#39;m not, potty mouth

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    It does not affect the actually speed coming in yes, like you can still get 200 if you have 2mb connection but less with ports not open and firwewalls turned on you end up connecting to less ppl and less ppl sending you the data.

What are you like in 4th grade? You called me a potty mouth o0o0o0o0o0o0 I am shaking in my little booties.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    What&#39;s your problem? PMT?

Must be, you&#39;re wearing booties

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    don&#39;t go off-topic now guys.

no one told what finish allocation does. And yes I&#39;m downloading on a green status light, I already allowed ports 6881-6999 to enter.

And here&#39;s another qeustion, is it normal for the bt client to stop downloading but have no error message? Throughout my time downloading the rest of the 30% of my MP2 download I have already froze on my download with no error messages 3 times.

Is it normal that my status light is green, everything seems normal, eg estimated time shown, peers connected shown, no error messages but I&#39;m not uploading or downloading at all??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast