Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HDBits is *ATTACKED* by JDilla87! 65 torrents deleted, reason: jdilla is a kid

Thousands of torrents? More like just 65 torrents (current log files 225-290).

Oh noes; my seedbox just crashed and I was seeding 70 unique HDBits torrents. Guess I just attacked the site, too.

Oh, the non-drama!
    Last edited by KS-202; 04-07-2010 at 03:40 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Just to get this cleared up really quick*. Yeah he quit and raged over buttons (EDIT: Actually, offers, but same thing in this case) (which should be done away, and a usenet-like anonymous/groupless/undeleteable system adopted, to be honest).

Only 60+ torrents were deleted, half of which have already been reuploaded by people who were in the swarms, and the rest are getting gathered.

He was a good encoder (yadda-yadda-yadda) and he will be missed, but hardly irreplaceable.

* - Not that I'm a spokesperson, I'd rather just give people the full picture before ignorance sets in and everyone runs amok thinking HDBits is dead after this.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i am not sure of the classes on HDbits, 720p may be uploader so he just deleted all his own uploads, or they let uploaders edit/delete all torrents (which if they do they wont for much longer).
    This has been mentioned before, but every time uploaders are re-allowed to delete their own torrents. It adds a little bit of hilarity to the whole fiasco; when JDilla was deleting his torrents, a forum thread popped up called "Here we go again" for example. This isn't the first time (or the last time, either) that this happens. Other users that are still on HDBits *cough* have done this before.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 04-07-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    too bad for him that he lost the most needed HD tracker
    If You need to buffer Your account ,Let me kNOW

i CAN Help With That

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    thats why i love BiT-HDTV.. hdbits is full of angry kids

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fsender View Post
    too bad for him that he lost the most needed HD tracker
    Coincidentally, it's because of people like you that the rest of us can't get in
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    But he's willing to buffer your account for you.
    Fsender does that offer include this one? I'd like to reach 10,000 before my birthday.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Btw how come someone who have the apparent intellect to do all that encoding ( not talking specific case here) has difficulty formulating a coherent sentence?
    except that you don't have to be especially cultured/knowledgeable to encode movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    I don't feel one bit sympathy for the HdBits staff.
    same here.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    except that you don't have to be especially cultured/knowledgeable to encode movies.
    Another illusion shattered

[youtube]CfBhi6qqFLA[/youtube]
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    wltan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    he is God

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast