Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first giveaway

mindlock's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Hi, guys and gals. My name is Mindlock. I'm new to the forum and tried to get an invite to CHDbits, but people have labeled me here as a "dirty trader" and so forth. To show you that I'm a good guy, that I believe in this site and giveaways, I have two TL invites and three IPtorrents invites to giveaway. All I ask for is proof of ratio on some sites for the TL invites. The IPtorrents invites I need no proof. Just post below your ratio proofs below or pm me for the TL invites. Just PM me your email addy for the IP invites. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great community.
    Last edited by mindlock; 04-08-2010 at 12:47 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    No one labeled you a "dirty trader" ( OK maybe polarbear) .The point that was attempted to be made is that you probably won't have much luck particpating the request section if you also participate in the trade one, simply because people can't be sure if the invites are actually going to be used by you or if they are totally wasting them and it will just be used as trade bait.
    There is also of course the point that on most sites inviting a known trader will get you disabled.
    Now if you want to listen to some advice that comes with spending too much time here then indiscriminate giveaways trying to prove you are a "good guy" probably aren't going to get you any closer to CHDbits either.
    Just make an honest request showing any expertise involving HD that you have and include anything that you think is pertinent to that request( excluding private details of course) .
    If no one fills the request but offers what they think is a good alternative then be gracious and maybe accept.It may not be CHDbits but it might turn out to be every bit as good ( for you at least)for all intents and purposes and then you won't have to waste a lot more time searching for something you might never find.

Now I hope you don't offense at this post as well because believe it or not I am only trying to help you ( both get into CHDbits and stay out of trouble).
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    No one labeled you a "dirty trader" ( OK maybe polarbear) .The point that was attempted to be made is that you probably won't have much luck particpating the request section if you also participate in the trade one, simply because people can't be sure if the invites are actually going to be used by you or if they are totally wasting them and it will just be used as trade bait.
    There is also of course the point that on most sites inviting a known trader will get you disabled.
    Now if you want to listen to some advice that comes with spending too much time here then indiscriminate giveaways trying to prove you are a "good guy" probably aren't going to get you any closer to CHDbits either.
    Just make an honest request showing any expertise involving HD that you have and include anything that you think is pertinent to that request( excluding private details of course) .
    If no one fills the request but offers what they think is a good alternative then be gracious and maybe accept.It may not be CHDbits but it might turn out to be every bit as good ( for you at least)for all intents and purposes and then you won't have to waste a lot more time searching for something you might never find.

Now I hope you don't offense at this post as well because believe it or not I am only trying to help you ( both get into CHDbits and stay out of trouble).
    Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Have found in the last half day that there's really good people here only trying to help. Cool.

Down to 1 TL invites and 2 IP invites.....
    Last edited by mindlock; 04-08-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Dude, i did't get any invite.
    Send it please?

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    anonymous0711's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    hey i would advise making ppl post in the forum and pm you the most sensitive information (speedtests, profile links/screenshots etc)
    many ppl applying for invites here have been banned/come from banned countries on certain trackers, trade/collect, etc and this is often pointed out if they post in the thread... so usually if they just pm you it is because they are trying to avoid this because they have done something wrong

remember inviting a member that has been banned can get you banned
    just a word of advice good giveaway and GL with the rest of your invites may they go to good applicants lol

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    All three TL invites are gone now....thanks for the excellent applicants....two IPTorrents invites are left, though.....

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Good luck, mindlock. If I were able to, I'd invite you to HDChina regardless of your giving attitude, although, I have to say, why give up on HDBits, if you have it?

As far as my understanding goes, members who are on both trackers usually upload both trackers' material interchangeably on either tracker. Perhaps it's on HDChina first, but it will get to HDB, eventually.
    Ellipses go here.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Good luck, mindlock. If I were able to, I'd invite you to HDChina regardless of your giving attitude, although, I have to say, why give up on HDBits, if you have it?

As far as my understanding goes, members who are on both trackers usually upload both trackers' material interchangeably on either tracker. Perhaps it's on HDChina first, but it will get to HDB, eventually.

I'm not going to give up HDbits......

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    No offense but you just gave all the TL invites to people who as well as probably already having dupe accounts there are just going to flip the accounts over in a trade as soon as possible.
    I seriously hope you don't value your TL account because you are possibly good and truly fucked.

Btw I've also made a suggestion that anyone who is an active trader should have to say so when asking for anything in the request section or forfeit your privileges at FST.
    This is not to say that traders can't ask just that they have to be upfront with their activity and the associated risk ( both in the account eventually going to someone other than you or the person giving the invite losing their invites at the tracker or worse) of being given one.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    No offense but you just gave all the TL invites to people who as well as probably already having dupe accounts there are just going to flip the accounts over in a trade as soon as possible.
    I seriously hope you don't value your TL account because you are possibly good and truly fucked.

Btw I've also made a suggestion that anyone who is an active trader should have to say so when asking for anything in the request section or forfeit your privileges at FST.
    This is not to say that traders can't ask just that they have to be upfront with their activity and the associated risk ( both in the account eventually going to someone other than you or the person giving the invite losing their invites at the tracker or worse) of being given one.
    Dude, this site is useless then.....it's all filled with greedy people....I'm outta here....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast