Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What.CD Users No Longer Disabled For Low Ratio

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1

Urgent

Now that you're all buffered up, we have another piece of news - we will no longer be disabling accounts for low ratio. Instead, if you are unable to get your ratio above your required ratio after two weeks of ratio watch, your leeching privileges will be revoked until your ratio is above the 0% seeded requirement for your downloaded amount. Your leeching privileges will be automatically given back when that requirement is met.
    We will, however, continue to automatically disable accounts which download over 10GB while on ratio watch.

from what.cd
    The new changes relax the rules on ratio and should help users who are struggling to keep up with the site’s upload:download requirements. However, that doesn’t mean members are now allowed to hit and or to not care about their global ratio at all – those who engage in these bad practices will still face consequences.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I'm good for you.
    Sucks to be the last person banned for a low ratio...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thisguy's Avatar Poster
    i dont know if this is actually good or bad, good because now you dont have to worry but bad because some people might not share to care and sharing is caring

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguy View Post
    some people might not share to care and sharing is caring
    And that's why their downloading privileges are disabled. For a leecher the tracker becomes useless unless they upload enough to pull themselves out of the hole.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    anonymous0711's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Idk it seems like something less than ideal is going on at what.cd
    this may just be me being skeptical but first(i guess this was a while ago) they open up the irc interview process so basically anyone who wants it even remotely bad enough and isnt in a bad country can get in and now they are getting rid of the ratios... maybe they need as many members as possible(maybe for donations)

of course i could be completely off base and this would work out amazingly i guess im just being a cynic...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous0711 View Post
    now they are getting rid of the ratios...
    They aren't getting rid of ratios, they're only taking your leeching privileges away instead of disabling you if you don't manage to get through ratio watch.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    Sounds like What.cd is feeling the economic crunch right alongside the rest of us. Whatever the case, it seems they are giving more than a fair chance to both the careless and the accident prone. I'm content with the Waffles heaped on my plate. . .

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think this is good in more ways then it is bad. It encourages people not to try and make a new account, and instead fix their current account. Also, if they keep logging in, whatcd will keep track of their ip on the chance that they will later try and make a new account.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous0711 View Post
    Idk it seems like something less than ideal is going on at what.cd
    this may just be me being skeptical but first(i guess this was a while ago) they open up the irc interview process so basically anyone who wants it even remotely bad enough and isnt in a bad country can get in and now they are getting rid of the ratios... maybe they need as many members as possible(maybe for donations)

of course i could be completely off base and this would work out amazingly i guess im just being a cynic...
    Not exactly sure how this move translates into them trying to force donations out of people... it's not like donating will get you out of ratio watch, nor would I think it likely that someone who can't even download from a site at the moment would make donations to said site.

The IRC interview process is a great thing in my opinion, I wish it existed back when I joined. Gives people a chance to join regardless of whether they have friends on the inside, especially since What cracks down hard on invite giveaway threads.

And finally, they aren't getting rid of ratio. They've removed the stipulation that if you go on ratio watch and don't upload enough within two weeks, you get banned. This will merely help those who make a genuine effort to seed their snatches to get out of ratio watch, and hurt those who can't be assed.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by typeoholic View Post
    I'm content with the Waffles heaped on my plate. . .
    +1 I loves me some waffles...however, I did just donate to what...impulse buy I guess

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast