Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boost your ratio in BitmeTV!!!

PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeCandy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PerMaFrOsT View Post
    I agree with you, this torrent was added 30 mins after the upload date and thatīs the results with an OVH Box:

So i suggest to download this torrent only if you love this TV Show and you have enough buffer

OMG guy with that box just failed
    Too much relases for and 250GB HDD box You have to learn to control your impulses. I will teach you if u need
    Last edited by PerMaFrOsT; 04-11-2010 at 12:55 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Suggest you join TVT maybe.
    I think this pretty much sums it up.

The peers on TVT are incredible. First off, there are far more seeders on the majority of torrents due to a much larger userbase, which means for older shows (and no, I don't mean the seedbox whores on newer shows, as why would you need BMTV if you're only looking for recent content) the retention and speeds will be far greater.

And I find that in most cases, many old season packs that I've been looking for (ie old seasons of Survivor) were on TVT but nowhere to be found on BMTV.

But most importantly, it is incredibly easy to maintain your "ratio" (or in this case, a credit system) at TVT. Those seasons that I downloaded are easily 6-10 years old and I was consistently surprised by the fact that people still constantly downloaded it (probably attributed to its massive userbase) and I easily made a 4+ ratio within a week or two on a home connection.

In my mind, there really is no question of which site is better.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    FreeCandy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Bitmetv with 0 free leech
    For my giveaways on FST enter "SrchCde 353616828" in search (without quotes).

Everyday is day for giving

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Suggest you join TVT maybe.
    I think this pretty much sums it up.

The peers on TVT are incredible. First off, there are far more seeders on the majority of torrents due to a much larger userbase, which means for older shows (and no, I don't mean the seedbox whores on newer shows, as why would you need BMTV if you're only looking for recent content) the retention and speeds will be far greater.

And I find that in most cases, many old season packs that I've been looking for (ie old seasons of Survivor) were on TVT but nowhere to be found on BMTV.

But most importantly, it is incredibly easy to maintain your "ratio" (or in this case, a credit system) at TVT. Those seasons that I downloaded are easily 6-10 years old and I was consistently surprised by the fact that people still constantly downloaded it (probably attributed to its massive userbase) and I easily made a 4+ ratio within a week or two on a home connection.

In my mind, there really is no question of which site is better.
    WoW, it sounds nice, i will do some research about TVT
    Last edited by PerMaFrOsT; 04-11-2010 at 01:27 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    It's not quite as rare so apparently not many seem to think of it/aware of it as one of the best sources for TV content.

Makes me wonder where that huge userbase came from.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    It's not quite as rare so apparently not many seem to think of it/aware of it as one of the best sources for TV content.

Makes me wonder where that huge userbase came from.
    So you think TVT itīs a little bit underestimated??

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    BMTV pretty much died for me now that because of RSS and the like 1 sec after an episode shows up there are already 50 seeders.
    I mean seriously because I don't want to autodownload or have enough of a life that I may actually not even want to download something until the next day ,am I a worse member ( even if I seed something forever statics seem to say I am ) than some idiot with a seedbox and mirc who probably never even bothers to watch the friggin' show?

So basically I can sit on my VIP ratio ,get stuff elsewhere and once in a blue moon download something that I get a sudden hankering for or fight a pointless and inevitably losing battle while actually attempting to make regular use of the site.
    Not really a hard choice to make is it?
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    FreeCandy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    bmtv = Such a nice looking site ( i would say in top 3 for sure ), with really everything for TV and so hard to maintain ratio, i cant boost it even with dedicated box ...
    For my giveaways on FST enter "SrchCde 353616828" in search (without quotes).

Everyday is day for giving

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    So basically I can sit on my VIP ratio ,get stuff elsewhere and once in a blue moon download something that I get a sudden hankering for or fight a pointless and inevitably losing battle while actually attempting to make regular use of the site.
    Not really a hard choice to make is it?
    Not at all. If you read up ahead in this thread, you'll find I use it in exactly the same way. I don't feel like competing for long with ratio tycoons.

At any rate, at the expense of sounding like the true moron that I am, where would you truly suggest I get my normal fix for TV shows? I won't lie when I say at the moment I use SCC, and sparingly HDBits (I'd rather immortalize my favorite movies collection in higher quality, than TV series, speaking from a strict priority perspective).

I've heard TVT is good (for example Rart's good word in for it), but then again I've heard there's tvtorrents.ru or tvtorrentZ or dozens of weird names that I haven't kept up with. Which is truly the best substitute, or at least the place with the least amount of ratio tycoons? A review can only say so much about a place.

(PS This question isn't directed at idoleyes, more like at anyone reading)
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    I've heard TVT is good (for example Rart's good word in for it), but then again I've heard there's tvtorrents.ru or tvtorrentZ or dozens of weird names that I haven't kept up with. Which is truly the best substitute, or at least the place with the least amount of ratio tycoons? A review can only say so much about a place.
    I would still most certainly stick to TVT(.com).

TVT.ro (not ru, I don't think), at least in my mind, as a little too much freeleech, it seems that almost every other torrent there is freeleech, and you can see the effects that has on their torrents' lifetime (I was getting reseed requests in my inbox constantly).

TVTz, while in theory a great concept, with a great adoption system for keeping torrents alive, doesn't have nearly enough users to be called a true substitute for a bigger site like TVT or any other big 0day tracker.

I'm really surprised though at how little some people seem to know about the site though. Just by looking at the latest Lost episode, it has over 2500 seeders, on par with (and sometimes exceeding) the amount of seeds on the torrent at a behemoth such as TL. It makes me wonder where all those users came from and how that site is publicized.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast