Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Xp Installation

  1. #1
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA USA
    Posts
    205
    I'm installing XP from a real disk and I deleted my current partition, then formatted it using NTFS, It goes through and copies the files it needs then says it will restart in 10 seconds, and continue installation. It restarts, then I just get a black screen, nothing..... I waited for about 10 minutes still nothing, deleted the partition and tried again, same thing... Any ideas??? Thanks

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    what is your version xp and what kind of mother board do you have??

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA USA
    Posts
    205
    Not sure on the model number and all that, but it's a:
    P3
    800mhz
    Hewlett Packard
    The hardware is factory default, bought from circuit city in 2000


    Trying to install:
    Windows® XP Professional SP1




    I was able to install it on a shitty old laptop, Dell Inspiron 333mhz P2. ?????

    Thanks a lot.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Every time it reboots, take the CD out untill it loads the the current progress, then put the CD back in. dont let the PC reboot with the CD in the Rom

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    is this a laptop or desktop??

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    static hum
    Posts
    3,538
    Originally posted by Russo@26 October 2003 - 06:38
    Every time it reboots, take the CD out untill it loads the the current progress, then put the CD back in. dont let the PC reboot with the CD in the Rom
    I"m curious to see if that's the problem.
    I almost suggested that, but I wasn't too sure.

    this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA USA
    Posts
    205
    It's a desktop,

    It's actually my sisters computer, so i'm gonna have to wait till tommorow to give it another shot.

    I tried re-booting without the cd in, and I came to a different black screen (I think it's a windows 98 thing) where it shows the boot progress in white squares along the bottom of the screen.

    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna try it again. Anything else you could think of that could help out?

    Change boot order?


    Thanks guys!

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by hey_suburbia@26 October 2003 - 03:53
    It's a desktop,

    It's actually my sisters computer, so i'm gonna have to wait till tommorow to give it another shot.

    I tried re-booting without the cd in, and I came to a different black screen (I think it's a windows 98 thing) where it shows the boot progress in white squares along the bottom of the screen.

    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna try it again. Anything else you could think of that could help out?

    Change boot order?


    Thanks guys!
    one more question, is this the first time you are trying to install xp pro on this labtop or did it have it before???

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA USA
    Posts
    205
    The cpu i'm installing on is a desktop with windows 98

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by hey_suburbia@26 October 2003 - 03:58
    The cpu i'm installing on is a desktop with windows 98
    not sure but computers do stop responding during Setup because of failed or failing hardware, and incorrect or outdated BIOS (basic input/output system) settings. Checking your hardware settings and drivers and updating your BIOS usually solves these problems, don't hold me to it this might not be it, i'm just saying these are the typical cases, you should also check your hardware and make sure its compatible good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •