Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can One Corporation Really Stop Filesharing?

FireAngelZero
    Look I'm new in this forum so whatever I talk about if it has been talked about be4 please don't get frustrated or anything this is just stuff that's really gotten me thinking... Well here it goes:

First of all how can the RIAA actually stop people from file sharing much less recording music? I mean seriously right now computers can make illegal file sharing so easy. Lets take Windows Media Center Edition, sure it's great and expensive but think about it with Windows MCE you can do alot of stuff. Like you can just in two easy clicks record a movie and if you're bored what are you going to do? SHARE IT! who cares if it's with friends or if ur doing it for money. Or lets say your on your little HP Media Center and you want to listen to some local tunes what do you do after? you'd prolly share it and guess what no copywright protection because you're recording these songs... So in other words if the RIAA really wants to sue ppl from downloading music why don't they go thru Microsoft first? I mean seriously the're actually begging people to download music for free just a few days ago I typed evanescence on one Windows Media Player search and got two sites just out in the public where u can download free music... I just wish the RIAA would stop whinning.... OHH we're poor we need money to support some of our half assed stars who just don't wanna pay their taxes...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    No one really knows how long P2P filesharing will be around. So I guess people are just getting what they can and hopefully they're sharing their files for everyone as well. (P2P is a two way street)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Remember To Share@26 October 2003 - 12:43
    No one really knows how long P2P filesharing will be around. So I guess people are just getting what they can and hopefully they're sharing their files for everyone as well. (P2P is a two way street)
    It will be around for ever because no one in the world can stop it !!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+26 October 2003 - 13:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 26 October 2003 - 13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Remember To Share@26 October 2003 - 12:43
    No one really knows how long P2P filesharing will be around. So I guess people are just getting what they can and hopefully they&#39;re sharing their files for everyone as well. (P2P is a two way street)&nbsp;
    It will be around for ever because no one in the world can stop it &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    MOHAWHAAAA

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Kazaa/FastTrack network has a serious hash flaw which allows ANY file with only the first 300 KB match other files for purposes of what files are considered &#39;the same.&#39; So as a file is copied around more and more times it becomes PROGRESSIVELY more corrupt even WITHOUT active help in that regard&#33;

Other networks that have end-to-end hashing capabilities and redownloading &#39;broken&#39; parts aren&#39;t vulnerable to this problem.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    internet.news
    Nobody can forbid you to share your thoughts openly - although they can try unfortunately - cause sharing your thoughts openly is important to udnerstand
    each other better. And if no one of these guys, which are I think
    I am sure humans as well would have a nice life if he or she do not share his
    thoughts and concerns - from time to time we need some one we can talk to openly&#33; and we can trust&#33; For me, I have a good girl friend I can talk to openly :)
    and I can trust... our friend-relationship is based on this :)

thanks anyway, david. ~nice dreams...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by FireAngelZero@26 October 2003 - 06:52
    ... I just wish the RIAA would stop whinning....
    Did you mean whining or winning? They seem to be doing both.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Sid Hartha+29 October 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sid Hartha @ 29 October 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FireAngelZero@26 October 2003 - 06:52
    ... I just wish the RIAA would stop whinning....
    Did you mean whining or winning? They seem to be doing both. [/b][/quote]
    No way are they "winning". They are just whining all the time &#33;&#33;

Keep them whining, I say &#33;&#33;&#33;

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    there is no way p2p can be stopped. corporate america can try to halt it but they cannot stop it in its entirity.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    lol first they took out napster now they thought it was all over then Morpheus came then that got screwed then eventually the GOD of p2p came KAZAA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast