Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donnie Darko

Excellent film with a cool soundtrack. But can anybody explain what the fuc* is going on? I can follow some of it, but when it comes to worm holes and shit I get lost. Please help me peeps cause its such a cool film.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    This film ranks as one of my favorite movies of all time. Also check out "Dark City." Not the same at all, but another dark, strange movie unlike any other. But both films will play with your mind. They would make an excellent double feature over a pizza and soda with your friends. No beer or weed - you want to pay attention to the story in both cases.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Donnie Darko has to be 1 of the best films around. Definalty a film u have to watch more than once. Its simple in its complexsidy (sp?). When a friend recomended it to me, he said "Its to do wiv time travel, and time paradoxes", but theres more to it, u just have to look deep.............

iirc: frank (the bunny) saves donnies life, by callin him out of the house the night the areoplane engine struck his room, and donnie ends up shootin frank?? then franks comes back as a ghost/spirit and saves donnie in the past......???

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    it was all a dream fait allowed him to choose at the end when he wakes up he had the choice a) move outta his bed and follow that destiny ( most of the movie is about this choice through a dream) b)to stay in his bed and die wich he chooses thus changeing the future where his gf dies

and since he chooses every thing in the movie (up till donnie makes his chioce) is all a dream no evil bunnie never really gets to meet his tru love all of it a dream and thats why i found the movie to be kinda sad you know but the movie its self was awsome i loved it i havnt seen it in over 2 years about but i completly remember it because it was such a good movie it was great i think im gonna dl it again and wach it again

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    From aintitcoolnews.com:

Richard K (the director of Donnie Darko) is hoping for a March 2004 re-release (in theatres) of Donnie Darko... It may be a directors cut.

Donnie Darko - Ain't It Cool News

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Mr AnDy D's Avatar Poster
    to summarize it very quickly it's the life of a schizo

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Look, if you guys really want to learn what it's really about, you need to get the DVD and watch it with the commentary featuring director Richard Kelly and star Jake Gyllenhaal - the two of them explain the movie piece by piece. I doubt you're gonna find a DVD rip on Kazaa with the Commentary track and the English subs (so you can still follow the story). And not the second Commentary - that one just sucks.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    if you want to put an extra twist on the movie go to donniedarko.com finish the game and you'll hear something very intresting great movie hope it does get the rerelease.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    ok this is it ........ frank and his fathers i guess were time travelers ..... Why did the rabbit save donnies life? So that in the end he would kill him to end the cycle ...which he did ...why else would the rabbit save him? 2 donnie decieded to make his own choice go back and die so his girl would live.. simple i can make i could give u 2 pages on these few sentences.
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast