Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What .cd hasn't disabled me for no reason.

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's all a conspiracy I tell you

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Where exactly did that happen? Aside from What/Waffles which was a joint decision, the only site I saw that banned it was PTP. And given the recent oh so fun accusations against them, one would think it'd be a place to avoid...
    It's not something out in the open, but it's a fact that quite a lot of people understand quite clearly. The day a tracker as huge as What decides to do something, especially pertaining to their decisions of banning clients, it's not quite the same thing as if (let's say) BrokenStones did it.

One is a small, dedicated tracker that has little to no influence on the general community, while the other is a tracker where members archive whole collections in their client. Members would be more inclined to follow What's decisions, even when it comes to upgrading their clients. Even if it's not apparent, if it wasn't for What's decision, a lot of trackers could have (hypothetically) banned uTorrent 1.82-5, because those aren't perfect either, but rather, what we actually see, are trackers accommodating for 2.0 and other releases, at the same time.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    It's all a conspiracy I tell you
    If it's any consolation I did try to have them overturn the Vuze ban

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter
    It's not something out in the open, but it's a fact that quite a lot of people understand quite clearly. The day a tracker as huge as What decides to do something, especially pertaining to their decisions of banning clients, it's not quite the same thing as if (let's say) BrokenStones did it.

One is a small, dedicated tracker that has little to no influence on the general community, while the other is a tracker where members archive whole collections in their client. Members would be more inclined to follow What's decisions, even when it comes to upgrading their clients. Even if it's not apparent, if it wasn't for What's decision, a lot of trackers could have (hypothetically) banned uTorrent 1.82-5, because those aren't perfect either, but rather, what we actually see, are trackers accommodating for 2.0 and other releases, at the same time.
    But the fact is aside from PTP we haven't seen any sites that specifically banned Vuze in a domino effect. While some sites make allowances for uT 2.0, others do not. And 1.8.2 and 1.8.5 work ok, it was .3 and .4 that were quite buggy. The only real reason most people didn't want to upgrade from 1.7.7 is because you can no longer force hammer the tracker
    Last edited by ca_aok; 04-20-2010 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    people didn't want to upgrade from 1.7.7 is because you can no longer force hammer the tracker
    That pisses me off quite a bit, to this day.

At any rate, my driving point was What's decision still influenced other trackers. Some trackers would have gladly adopted 2.0 or the 2.1beta as the sole acceptable clients, had it not been for the need and knowledge that their users would be none too happy with running two clients.

Also, is uT1.6.1 still globally accepted?
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake we did not make, IdolEyes787. We looked into the reason you were not disabled and found out that it was indeed not for no reason, and it was completely not our fault, so on behalf of what.cd staff, I do not apologize. You are not re-enabled, and you may never log in. No thanks!

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    At any rate, my driving point was What's decision still influenced other trackers. Some trackers would have gladly adopted 2.0 or the 2.1beta as the sole acceptable clients, had it not been for the need and knowledge that their users would be none too happy with running two clients.
    Nah, the only tracker I've seen that even discussed this was Pedros, and I and a few others managed to talk them down to keeping the latest build of 1.8.5 allowable.

Also, is uT1.6.1 still globally accepted?
    I wouldn't say globally. It's still whitelisted in some places but not everywhere.
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. lol....

I am going on a business trip for a week and will be back this Sunday...
    I know all you what.cd lovers will miss me
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 04-20-2010 at 01:52 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. lol....

I am going on a business trip for a week and will be back this Sunday...
    I know all you what.cd lovers will miss me
    The rest of us who aren't delusional will see you when you get back

My faith in humanity, however, remains steadfast. My faith in our public school system is tested on a daily basis though...
    Last edited by ca_aok; 04-20-2010 at 02:00 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofjesus View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake we did not make, IdolEyes787. We looked into the reason you were not disabled and found out that it was indeed not for no reason, and it was completely not our fault, so on behalf of what.cd staff, I do not apologize. You are not re-enabled, and you may never log in. No thanks!
    And they all did not live happily ever after.
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    My faith in our public school system is tested on a daily basis though...
    Ahh it seems as if we do agree on atleast one subject...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast