Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resuming Downloads

Everytime I try to download music (and it only works for music and not my educational videos) and my internet gets disconnected, my download percent goes back to zero, and I have to start all over again...why is that?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes its kazfaksta's problem

nornaly, only happens with 56k

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i dont know i i gurintee you better results on getting help to fix this problem if you posted it whereits sapposed to be in kl related probs not in music world here you post about music not dling problem hope this helps

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    If you look under the + sign of grouped files in the search window, you'll see that the mp3 files are of various sizes when they should be exactly the same.

This is due to Kazaa tagging the files incorrectly. Apparently, only the first part of a file is used to tag each file, so subsequent changes thereafter will not be recognised. For example, if someone were to download an mp3, and then use Musicmatch Jukebox to add album cover art to the file, this would increase the files size, while still appearing to Kazaa(Lite) to be the exact same file.

If you try to resume a download and Kazaa tries to connect to a source with a different sized file, then it will assume the previously downloaded data is corrupt and restart the download. As Adster said, broadband users are not affected by this so much. This is because their connection is not dropped by their ISP periodically, and also because of the speed of the download.

The only thing you can do, if you're using dial up, is to limit the number of downloads to 1. This is specified in the options menu under traffic. That way, there's less chance of a download being interrupted because it will finish more quickly.

Also, be sure to specify that the accelerator keeps only one download open at a time, this is specified under the KL Extensions options. By doing this, when you lose connection to your ISP you'll not have several 'open' downloads, none of which finish by the time you are next disconnected.

I hope this helps.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i also have this problem, only i have a broadband connection, and the files usually say failed.

i have plenty free h/d space(brand new 120Gb drive)

when this happens, my screen resolution changes and i cant restart/shutdown/ctrl alt del, etc

could this be a bug in the new K++?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by taco@ 27 October 2003 - 21:08
    could this be a bug in the new K++?
    The problem described by the thread starter has always existed.

I've read other thread where posters are having the same problem as you. The usual advice is that you delete all the files in your shared folder, uninstall KazaaLite, then disable system restore before having an online virus scan.

If it was to be a bug with the latest Kazaa, there would be a hell of a lot of people here talking about it, which there isn't. It must be your system.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    ok, i'll give that a go, tried just about everything else!!

btw, i like your music man

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by taco@27 October 2003 - 21:25
    ok, i'll give that a go, tried just about everything else!!

btw, i like your music man
    Good luck man.

And Yeah. Bukem is wicked.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    PAiNKiLLER
    Hey thanks for that. Sometimes I have the same problem...

Image Resized

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    You're welcome.

By the way. Just why are you so sad?

Cheer up man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast