Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting With Emule

hi all new to emule i heard of it a while back in forums but thought it died must of misread something
    whats better emule or donkey and is it light on system resources and is it as virus hogged as limewire

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    emule rocks in so many ways, about the viruses on network, they both(can) use the same networks, so not a big difference.

also there is lots of emule modes and emule is open source

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thanx epeto sounds good but oe mo question is emule a memory hog like limewire

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Code:
    http://torrentfreak.com/warner-bros-recruits-students-to-spy-on-pirates-100329/
    ?
    j/k .

Not really. Depends what queue size you tell eMule to use (Options> Extended) and some other options (which aren't set by default, if I recall correctly)
    I've never used Limewire more than one hour.

Pick one of these servers and add them to your static list (right-click the server entry). In case the list gets deleted by a moderator visit the IRC from within your ed2k client. Btw. the eDonkey2000 client is dead.
    Copy/paste any server into your client.
    Code:
    ed2k://|server|195.242.153.67|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|194.126.175.106|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|194.126.175.170|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|194.126.175.202|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|195.242.152.138|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|85.25.73.86|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|85.25.184.37|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|85.25.184.34|4500|/
    ed2k://|server|85.25.184.50|4500|/

Just make sure you have it set up this way after you have chosen your static server.

I also suggest setting (Options> Extended| File buffer size) to its highest value: 1.50MB. It will reduce disk activity.

Make sure you get rid of your Low ID.
    Last edited by NesteaZen; 04-22-2010 at 12:32 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    well, I have to admit I didn't used emule for a few years so not sure about system load, but it was very good when I used, it was a great software, I have complete fate in it.

Also its open source, so there is lots of mods, you can easily find a lightweight mod if you find the real one too heavy.

And don't compare emule with limewire, how can you compare with ? emule is a real software programmed in c++ and have a very neat code.

If you like limewire, FrostWire is also a good alternative with an open code.

one more thing, don't forget to get peerblock to your PC, it will keep the fake servers away and anti-piracy gangs away.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkahn View Post
    whats better emule or donkey
    eMule - that's out the question. The issue here should be which mod you want to use

I rarely use eMule nowadays, but I could recommend Xtreme or Beba, if you need a lightweight mod.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    wow, nice to hear Xtreme is still alive

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    thanx guys for help .it seems very opensource with all the mods .sweeet
    sounds way better than limewire

btw dont get why poeple like frostwire its same as limewire craaap

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkahn View Post
    thanx guys for help .it seems very opensource with all the mods .sweeet
    sounds way better than limewire
    You'll have to deal with waiting in queues, though. If you're looking for music tracks or other small files, you're better off at using Ares, for example - leave eMule for rare/obscure stuff you can't find elsewhere.

btw dont get why poeple like frostwire its same as limewire craaap
    Frostwire has the same features as Limewire Pro, while it lacks the RIAA blocking code. The question here is why would someone pay for LW Pro
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    thanks anon neva knew about the queues hate ares im too lazy just download music from youtube atm lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast