Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne Installation

Hi,
    i d/led max payne 2 from kazaa bcoz i cant get bitorent to work but the files had been virtifed in the vertified fourm and i d/led them and they were bin and cue so i mounted the 1st disc with daeomon tools and it got half way thru installation and asked for disk 2 so i unmounted disc 1 and mountyed disk 2 and it was installing un till the green bar got about 75% fiull and then it sed this:

Compont:Main
    File Group:Main
    File:F:\Data3.cab
    Errorata Error(cyclic redundancy check)

what do i do? i took 6 days to d.l from kazaa\ so is there any way i can fix it?

Peerzyboy
    -----------

2. Games   -   #2
    Octopussy
    im like 99 percent sure the file is corrupted

3. Games   -   #3
    so can i fix a curropt file? if so how? i got it as a vertified and ppl were saying the file was real.

PS: i finnaly got bittorent on my server computer and im d/ling max payne + cd crack from suprnova will this be corrupt as well? its going quite slow aswell about 25 hours left and im on 600k broadband o well hope this one works

n e more help wod b gd thnx

Peerzyboy
    -----------

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@27 October 2003 - 13:38
    so can i fix a curropt file? if so how? i got it as a vertified and ppl were saying the file was real.

PS: i finnaly got  bittorent on my server computer and im d/ling  max payne + cd crack from suprnova will this be corrupt as well? its going quite slow aswell about 25 hours left   and im on 600k broadband   o well hope this one works

n e more help wod b gd thnx

Peerzyboy
    -----------
    99% chance downloads on BT will not be corrupt
    What format did you download the game files as? DEViANCE Release with all the small 15mb rars or just bin and cue?

Because here's what I did,I had 3/4 of the rars from a http site which closed down all of a sudden so I simply did what BT would do on a download.

The 1500mb files on suprnova does this, it makes 2 folders, CD1 and CD2 and a nfo outside this 2 folder. The rars are placed respectively in their folders.

What I did, was splitted the files and made sure they were named right (the universal deviance mp2 rars are named dev-mp2a disc 1 and dev-mp2b disc 2) and placed them in their rightful folders.

then, BT would come in and verifiy this files and resume as per normal, so immedaitely when I got connected to the tracker I got 71% completed. And BT has this error check thing, so it make ssure that your files aren't corrupt and even if they are bittorent will automatically download this pieces for you.

try that if you have the small rars. if you have bin and cues, maybe there are other torrents on suprnova that downloads immediately as bins and cues and not the rars. there's a 1493mb release as well, could be same format as urs.

5. Games   -   #5
    i downloaded it from kazaa in bin and cue format. i got bittorent working now so im downloading the 1512mb fil which is titalled max payne 2 and no cd crack or something like that. and ye i think its downloading like you sed as lots of .rar files and i was wondering what the hell am i spose to do witht hem when im dun?

Peerzyboy
    -----------

ps its at 37% done of max payne 2 + no cd which is 1512mb's big n e 1 know if this file is a working copy or not? or can someone tell me a file on suprnova that is a working copy?

Thnx

6. Games   -   #6

7. Games   -   #7
    ok and do i have to open every one of this .rar indeviduly bcoz theres like 50 per cd? im at 49% so will b dun soon but can i open like the folder wheere there in with winrar? ps im gonna d.l winrar now

Peerzyboy
    -----------

8. Games   -   #8
    muchspl2
    just open the first file 001 or sometimes its 000 and you will get a bin/cue from their you can burn it or what I like is to mount it and install using daemon-tools
    its quick and saves cd's

9. Games   -   #9
    yeah i got damon tools. so i justy like open the first .rar thingy in the cd1 folder and in the cd 2 foolder. and what do i do with the thingy not in a folder thats inco iis a pic of a computer:S?

Edit: when u say open the 001 or 000 file i open it with winrar write?

Peerzyboy
    -----------

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    All you have to do is install winrar first.And then after your download of MP2 is complete you just go into the folder for disc1 and right click on one of the .rar files and choose "extract to specified folder" and tell it where to extract it to.Do the same with the folder disc 2. You will then have two bins and two cues saved into that file.Burn them off and install.
    You will have to use Isobuster to open the second CD and extract the crack folder from it though.Install the crack and your up and running.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast