Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird But True..

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    after watching the movie bowling 4 columbine i have come 2 a conclusion..

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150'ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

not its not like u guys have way more ppl in your country, nor do you have more guns.

what makes us so different? why do ppl in toronto leave there doors unlocked at night, even if they have been robbed 3-4 times? and ppl in the us dont?

why dont ppl go on murderous rampages in canada? we have the same tv, and video games.

what is the difference??

p.s if you havnt seen bowling 2 columbine rent it, its a very good movie, it will make you think.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@28 October 2003 - 00:23
    after watching the movie bowling 4 columbine i have come 2 a conclusion..

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150'ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

not its not like u guys have way more ppl in your country, nor do you have more guns.

what makes us so different? why do ppl in toronto leave there doors unlocked at night, even if they have been robbed 3-4 times? and ppl in the us dont?

why dont ppl go on murderous rampages in canada? we have the same tv, and video games.

what is the difference??

p.s if you havnt seen bowling 2 columbine rent it, its a very good movie, it will make you think.
    It might be something to do with the weather Canuk. The hotter the weather the hotter the temper. Coupled of course with the availability of guns. Take a look at all the equatorial countries in the world. It is virtually non stop fighting. That is my theory anyway.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    Well, one thing is that the US does have 10 times the people of Canada, but that would only add up to 1,500 people dead each year. The reason is probably that there are less hand guns in Canada, being as they are illegal there.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    rong again. you dont think we have gang wars in canada? shit i can go 2 walmart in toronto and but a shot gun, and a colt. jesus, we legalized dope. theres just as much coruption.

its just the whole thing pisses me off.
    what the hell is the difference??

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    There is a lot more that 10 times the population in the US.

You're one to bring this subjet to light, TheCanuk. You have a lot to learn. Just look at your avatar.

And "rong" is just wrong.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Bowling for columbine's deaths do not count but the death rate makes more sense. There's tons o' shootings in Edmonton
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    maybe its reputation - Americans have to look hard in front of all the other countries, and Canada has to look the Underdog that everyone roots for
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

8. Lounge   -   #8
    ya

but why did americans need 2 take over cultures and countrys 2 be free?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I think it's just a matter of News........where I live there are a lot of things bad happen same as the rest of the contry, but it never makes the news so Sheringham is a nice little town.........See what I'm saying, it does happen everywhere, it just gets shown more cos America like to show off (no offence)

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #10
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Last year, there were 149 killings in Canada through guns. Apparently there were "around 30,000" Americans killed in the same manner.

I can, however, assure you that the majority of people do not leave their doors unlocked. And I live in a podunk mountain town.

Edit: Oh, and there were 582 homicides reported.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast