Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merlins portal gone now too?

So have they gone down for good?

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    The site was up for a short time within the last day with the same msg as before so I don't think they have given up (yet).

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    Mpeace
    Thanks for the update Multi

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    I miss you MP ..

get well soon.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Dam it still down. Merlins was a clean site site. I hate scrolling through sites that contain pron!

FST way to go
    Last edited by Windy72; 06-27-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    byneco's Avatar F-S-T BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    now not working

The World is Mine

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    terminator2
    Unfortunatley MP has closed, but myself and some of the other members have now opened www.jfen.co.uk as a replacement. We will never be MP but hope it will be as clean and user friendly.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator2 View Post
    Unfortunatley MP has closed, but myself and some of the other members have now opened www.jfen.co.uk as a replacement. We will never be MP but hope it will be as clean and user friendly.
    Good man. Cheers for the info.

Been wondering wot the fuck was up, like.

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator2 View Post
    Man, Merlin's will be sorely missed.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    found this about Merlin's Portal, its from Merlin,I hope it's ok to repost this

Thought as always i would break the mold like most owners of a site that just vanish.

Most important thing and first thing is to say thankyou to all merlins portal staff past and present, mostly past as without them and there hard work in the early days merlins portal would not have became the site it did, the present site staff at time off going for there unselfish and dedicated work.

Reasons Why?
    As zing mentioned above most of the reasons but the final nail was indeed the constant abuse daily for a service we all worked hard at to make it work, database was the major issue in the end and it finally went tits up after throwing massive amount of my own money, countless sleepless nights the decision had to be made to close it. This decison did not come lighlty and after much sole searching and a few chats with trusted friends and staff i let what has my baby go.

I put my life and sole and in the end almost put my marriage of 24 years at risk as did others into merlins portal for almost 5 years and it was time to move on.

In the final days i did transfer money from my own bank account and returned 100+ donations going back as far as six weeks but with all the expenses involved trying to save the site even i have limited personal funds but as a person i felt it was my duty to the members to return as many as i financially could, if i missed you i am sorry but the nature of how the site was financed to keep it free for the mass.

Merlins Portal was a unique site with some unique and fantastic members and i met some fantastic friends whom i will be catching up with sooner or later.

Yes i took 2/3 weeks out to clear my head as it hurt to close the site i loved so much and anyone that actually knew me would not deny me that.

Will i be opening a NZB site again? NO but i may join the new new site as a member and make myself known to Terminator, pnp spreader and co and may help and assist them if required or indeed if they want my help.

I hope this puts to bed the rumours i ran with the money (i wish) in fact the site owed me in the end and 1 month on i am still paying bills for the site but thankfully almost all taken care off now.

Owning and running merlins portal was a blast and will forever hold a special place with myself as will the majority of good members.
    Last edited by DARKSOLSTICE; 07-05-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast