Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed

Posts like this really piss me off

So what if you lost control of your car? Do you think you would have time to correct any mistakes?

Speeding is not just going faster than the speed limit but also travelling too fast to be able to stop in time to avoid hitting another vehicle or pedestrian.

Just think about it for a minute.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster

Aren't you glad you posted that here, randyandy ?
    I have only one thing to add.........I'm guessing you're fairly young and have not been in or witnessed any serious accidents It just seems that for a lot of people, age and experience are the two things that slow them down on the road. The feeling of invincibility passes slowly as the years go by, but it passes in an instant when tragic experience shapes our lives. My sister was in a coma for 6 months and came out of it with permanent brain damage after the car she was a passenger in was obliterated by another car doing.........hmmm....about 105-110 mph in a 40mph zone.
    So, I suppose the combination of that event and 25 years of driving has minimized that ' invincibile ' attitude.
    Slow down randyandy.
    Get there when you get there, bud.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by randyandyD@28 October 2003 - 19:31
    Round a slight curve at 105mph
    I think you may mean round the bend at 105 mph.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    fight the ticket in court somtimes this does work

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    If the officer doesn't show up to court, you get off scott-free (This is for US. I don't know the rules in other countries).

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I used to live in Birmingham and there was guy to scared he chopped down the secuity camera and toke it home, this isn't helpful i know but it's funny (I hope)

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i was hit at 80mph or more on a 30mph road by a landrover.
    ruined my lifestyle completely.
    had to move nearer to work, lost the car, added pains to my backache, and i was so close to loosing one of my friends who was in the back of the car at the time.

the excuse the guy gave was he was late for a meeting.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

8. Lounge   -   #18
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    this is what i like about minnesota, if you are busted going twice or more the speed limit, you would be charged with attempted murder, cause if you hit someone, you WILL kill someone...........you sir are a loser, and deserve some jail time so some guy named bubba can "speed" up your fudge tunnel.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    agreed, if u couldnt see the officer, this is more than a lsight bend, and no need for 105mph,
    i got flashed by a camera a few weeks ago in edinburgh, but i dont think there was any film in it. as i havent got anything yet.

the road was a 30, it was 2 lanes, i was overtaking a taxi going slightly slower, maybe 25, i was just sittin bout 30. and some guy kep sitting on my tail, so i speed up a bit to get past the taxi and pull in i woulda been doing just over 35 ish, just about to pull over and noticed him slowing right down and dropping back, then flash. but i woulda got a fine. for trying to get some idiot of my tail

10. Lounge   -   #20
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Read the Kevin Mitnick book.

I'll try to remember what his advice was (summary)

Basically, the officer who caught you, you get his name. then call his district and tell them you are a fellow officer wondering when he is taking vacation or time off.

When/if they tell you, have the court set to that date and he won't be there. Tell the judge whatever you want and get off free of charge.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast