Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesus Christ, Hamsters are f**ked up creatures

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    So I lived in a student house with 5 other housemates for 4 months for my work term. 2 of them were female Irish exchange students (going to McMaster), and when they left, they gave their hamsters to me as a "gift".

At first I was quite reluctant, as I'd have to clean the cage, feed them, etc etc. but the more I took care of them, the cuter and furrier they became so I have kept them as pets for a few weeks.

However, tonight I heard the hamster stirring around in the cage followed by a high-pitched squeal, and when I looked into it my Russian hamster had dug its teeth into the side of my Serbian hamster's neck.

I took the dead hamster out of the cage, and disposed of it down the garbage chute. When I came back, the Russian killer struck again killing the 5-week old young females leaving it all by itself.

Then I read up that hamsters are very territorial, and will kill each other over territory control. They also eat their babies if you disturb the nest during weening, and they eat their own shit several times over in order to properly absorb the nutrients they need.

Their teeth is 1/4 of their body length, did not feel good going through my thumb.

God, what fucking miniature devils.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Lounge   -   #2
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Vicious. Simply, vicious.

-doobs

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    buy a cat m8

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

4. Lounge   -   #4
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    They might come back and haunt the cage now, Pesky rusky rodent.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

5. Lounge   -   #5
    architecturely or ... evolutionaly ?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    of aknaton

or ahrua mazda or akriman ...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord

I think they're cute....

8. Lounge   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    did you fuck your irish housemates ?
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    They're pretty mean little things from my recollections as a kid.

When I was around 10, I got 2 of them as a present or something and I remember we got rid of them almost immediately b/c they would bite anyone who dared to put their hand in the tank.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    They're pretty mean little things from my recollections as a kid.

When I was around 10, I got 2 of them as a present or something and I remember we got rid of them almost immediately b/c they would bite anyone who dared to put their hand in the tank.
    Really?
    My sister has had two of them in the past (one after the other died). Neither of them ever bit anybody.

I do remember the pet shop owner telling us not to have more than one live in the same cage, I guess this is the reason. Crazy little murdering rodents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast