Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatars

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Don't feel bad bro, u were just misunderstood.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by billyfridge+29 October 2003 - 22:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billyfridge @ 29 October 2003 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»@29 October 2003 - 13:21
    Originally posted by billyfridge@29 October 2003 - 13:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234
    @29 October 2003 - 05:35
    Just upload your avatar to: http://www.uploadit.org/

Then copy and paste the link to the &#39;My Controls&#39;>Edit Avatar Settings and click [Update Avatar].

Surely its easier to click a button in controls and upload from yer pc

But why should this site host YOUR avatar?
    I&#39;m not asking the board to host an avatar. I&#39;m just saying i find it difficult to get an avatar off a website. i&#39;m not a proficient pc user, not everyone&#39;s an expert.
    i couldn&#39;t do it so i didnt have one, when i found the button i uploaded from my pc
    i thought you might like to know thats all, no big deal, sorry i mentioned it. [/b][/quote]
    You don&#39;t need "to get an avatar off a website"

You can use an image from your harddisk. All you have to do is follow my previous instructions and use uploadit.org.

You don&#39;t need to be an expert. It&#39;s very easy, try it.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Originally posted by billyfridge+30 October 2003 - 03:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billyfridge @ 30 October 2003 - 03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»@29 October 2003 - 13:21
    Originally posted by billyfridge@29 October 2003 - 13:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234
    @29 October 2003 - 05:35
    Just upload your avatar to: http://www.uploadit.org/

Then copy and paste the link to the &#39;My Controls&#39;>Edit Avatar Settings and click [Update Avatar].

Surely its easier to click a button in controls and upload from yer pc

But why should this site host YOUR avatar?
    I&#39;m not asking the board to host an avatar. I&#39;m just saying i find it difficult to get an avatar off a website. i&#39;m not a proficient pc user, not everyone&#39;s an expert.
    i couldn&#39;t do it so i didnt have one, when i found the button i uploaded from my pc
    i thought you might like to know thats all, no big deal, sorry i mentioned it. [/b][/quote]
    ahh.....my most sincere apologies&#33; Aye indeed, you were misunderstood. myself, I&#39;ve just got a collection of items that have been saved across my years of surfing. my own avatar is one such, that I&#39;ve done a bit of editing to, and then uploaded to my own webspace.
    if you are looking for some good pics to use for an avatar, just go to yahoo.com, and do a search for GIFS, or ANIMATED GIFS, and you&#39;ll get a TON of sites with pics that you could use for an avatar. when you find some all you have to do is save them to your comp, Or you can use pics that you already have on your comp, and then upload them to your webspace. Different hosts use different file transfer protocal programs, so I&#39;m afraid I prolly wouldnt be able to give you a walk-through on that part of it.
    You are right tho....a lot of stuff that involves uploading, making settings adjustments, url strings and such aren&#39;t the easiest things for new comp users to follow along with sometimes. Specially when the instructions arent right there for us.

If your internet provider doesnt supply you with a free webpage/free webspace, a free provider is pretty easy to find online, but if you are wanting some to use for storing avatars and signatures and stuff like that, make sure that you get one that doenst hit you with a bandwidth limit...cause each time somebody opens the page with your pic that you use on here, counts as a hit to your site, since the page downloads it from there. too many hits, and some providers cut off access to it from outside viewers for x amount of time...either that, or they charge you for overusage...those suck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12