Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Poster
    Why does'nt the K-Lite board ask Chip at Diet Kazaa to show them how to fix a
    program or whatever, to upload avatars from our pc's he's done it, he's put a button on and all you do is click and upload. or is'nt that ethical, is there rivalry between them. i'm not sure about this post i might get kicked off,
    Man U fer eva

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Just upload your avatar to: http://www.uploadit.org/

Then copy and paste the link to the 'My Controls'>Edit Avatar Settings and click [Update Avatar].

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    That simple no need to create programs.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@29 October 2003 - 05:35

Then copy and paste the link to the 'My Controls'>Edit Avatar Settings and click [Update Avatar].
    Surely its easier to click a button in controls and upload from yer pc
    Man U fer eva

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Originally posted by billyfridge+29 October 2003 - 13:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billyfridge @ 29 October 2003 - 13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@29 October 2003 - 05:35

Then copy and paste the link to the &#39;My Controls&#39;>Edit Avatar Settings and click [Update Avatar].
    Surely its easier to click a button in controls and upload from yer pc [/b][/quote]
    But why should this site host YOUR avatar?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Hosting avatars or any other images can result in bad troubles since people could upload something "bad".

The problem is that the forum admins are responsible for files on the server meaning if people would upload sick stuff the admins will get in trouble - same for me as the host.

I hosted a small board once and because of one user 180 &#33; servers were shut down due investigation - it&#39;s simply not worth it

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by billyfridge+29 October 2003 - 08:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billyfridge @ 29 October 2003 - 08:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@29 October 2003 - 05:35

Then copy and paste the link to the &#39;My Controls&#39;>Edit Avatar Settings and click [Update Avatar].
    Surely its easier to click a button in controls and upload from yer pc [/b][/quote]
    So what. This is only a few clicks more. Are you really that lazy?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I was just about to ask that.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Originally posted by Darker@29 October 2003 - 13:48
    Hosting avatars or any other images can result in bad troubles since people could upload something "bad".

The problem is that the forum admins are responsible for files on the server meaning if people would upload sick stuff the admins will get in trouble - same for me as the host.

I hosted a small board once and because of one user 180 &#33; servers were shut down due investigation - it&#39;s simply not worth it
    Another thing that darker didnt mention is that the website hosts of the board only allocate them so much space on their servers for stuff like this. If they host OUR stuff on here too, then that leaves less space for thread expansion. Besides, it&#39;s not hard to find a free webhost online, your ISP prolly provides ya one.

edit: GRRRRRRRRR.....I had to go back and click the "add reply" button 4 TIMES before getting this reply to kick in. Hitting it was just sending me back to the main page without submitting my reply. Doesnt do it with edits, jsut fresh replies. GRRRRRRRRR

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»+29 October 2003 - 13:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö» @ 29 October 2003 - 13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by billyfridge@29 October 2003 - 13:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234
    @29 October 2003 - 05:35

Surely its easier to click a button in controls and upload from yer pc
    But why should this site host YOUR avatar? [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not asking the board to host an avatar. I&#39;m just saying i find it difficult to get an avatar off a website. i&#39;m not a proficient pc user, not everyone&#39;s an expert.
    i couldn&#39;t do it so i didnt have one, when i found the button i uploaded from my pc
    i thought you might like to know thats all, no big deal, sorry i mentioned it.
    Man U fer eva

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast