Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Protection

Is our internet security as tight as we think it is? The techies at www.pcflank.com decided to test the leaks on our favourite firewalls.
    Now I don't always believe everything I am told so I tested my ZA on www.grc.com
    it does leak.
    Could the techies on the forum please tell me whether this OK, bad or life threatening please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It only threaten your personal life on Wednesday.

All other days your ok.

J/k... What does this have to do with 'About our website and this Forum'?

Post in the right section next time.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@29 October 2003 - 15:08
    It only threaten your personal life on Wednesday.

All other days your ok.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    LOL !! I just had to laugh at this one!!!
    And Wednesday is an unusual screen-name to use on a message board, isn't it?!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@29 October 2003 - 15:08

:"> sorry I've made a mistake. It won't happen again.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@29 October 2003 - 15:41

And Wednesday is an unusual screen-name to use on a message board, isn't it?!
    Huh! Sparkle?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    as long as u got ZA and no enemys ur ok

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    thanx

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    results of pc flank tests

nice to see that agnitum outpost came out top i have been using it for a long while.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    From the Leak Test website

This first versions 1.x of Leaktest simply demonstrate how any TRIVIAL malicious program can easily bypass any current software firewall! The only exception to this is ZoneLabs' free ZoneAlarm, because ZoneAlarm is the only firewall to cryptographically certify the identity of executable programs.

Therefore, version 1.x of LeakTest is only meant to quickly and convincingly demonstrate an alarming flaw that currently exists in the vast majority of personal computer software firewalls. Because this is a serious problem, EVERY firewall manufacturer (except ZoneLabs) is currently working to correct this glaring deficiency.

Look through your firewall's permissions for the filename of any program that is granted access through the firewall. Then simply rename LeakTest to that name (just as a Trojan, virus, and spyware would) and run it. EVERY SINGLE FIREWALL I've tested — with the sole exception of ZoneAlarm — will be fooled and allow LeakTest to connect to and receive a bit of data from the NanoProbe server! (The Tiny Personal Firewall from Tiny Software has an option for catching this, but it is currently disabled by default.)

I have learned that ZoneAlarm (and optionally the Tiny Personal Firewall) goes the extra mile of generating a "Cryptographic Signature" for every permitted program. This signature is then regenerated and compared before any program of that name is again allowed access. This completely prevents this simple form of trusted program impersonation, but NO OTHER FIREWALLS OFFER THIS CAPABILITY.

Get ZoneAlarm here

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast