Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Kind Of Idiots Exist...

Originally posted by Sparkle1984@31 October 2003 - 21:15
    In my post I was referring to the world-famous rich singers such as Madonna, Britney etc. It is them who are greedy. Not the poorer ones.

It always annoys me how people in the third world are expected to work for virtually no pay. So why should we have to feel sorry for the rich people?
    You never made any distinction about rich people. You said "Why would anyone want to pay when we can have it for free??"

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    The whole sing is not about the artists.. It's about the corporations RIAA and the big labels...They want us to buy the music because THEY need money..The artist just gets a very very small part of the money which this labels earn..I would better pay this few cents directly to the artists as to pay 99 cents to the labels ! the artist just gets a few cents of them.....when it would be fair the song should cost 0,09 cents..that's what the artist gets... may be this would be not such a big problem..or if we would have a song flatrate for may be 2,99$ a month...that's sure better.. ! May be than all people would pay... B)

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by cappella(m)@31 October 2003 - 18:14
    The whole sing is not about the artists.. It's about the corporations RIAA and the big labels...They want us to buy the music because THEY need money..The artist just gets a very very small part of the money which this labels earn..I would better pay this few cents directly to the artists as to pay 99 cents to the labels ! the artist just gets a few cents of them.....when it would be fair the song should cost 0,09 cents..that's what the artist gets... may be this would be not such a big problem..or if we would have a song flatrate for may be 2,99$ a month...that's sure better.. ! May be than all people would pay...  B)
    I've read reports that says OF that $0.99 per song the artist gets $0.09.
    No joke -- less than 10% of the price the user pays goes to the artist.

Saying it's about 'artist rights' is just a smokescreen for the recording industry to rob us all: consumers AND ARTISTS!

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    replying to the topic "what kind of idiots exsits"

topic answer: me!

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by Switeck@1 November 2003 - 02:46
    I've read reports that says OF that $0.99 per song the artist gets $0.09.
    No joke -- less than 10% of the price the user pays goes to the artist.

Saying it's about 'artist rights' is just a smokescreen for the recording industry to rob us all: consumers AND ARTISTS!
    ...and we get to rob the artists too BY NOT PAYING!!! YAY!!

uhmm, wait a sec. How are WE getting robbed if we're not paying for anything?

Okay here's how it goes:
    the ARTIST is getting robbed by the recording industry... and us.

but that's okay 'cause its like, uh, freedom of speech or sumthing... I read that somewhere i think.. maybe on a message board somewhere

Just remember this: it's not about the artists.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by Sid Hartha+31 October 2003 - 21:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sid Hartha @ 31 October 2003 - 21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@31 October 2003 - 21:15
    In my post I was referring to the world-famous rich singers such as Madonna, Britney etc. It is them who are greedy. Not the poorer ones.

It always annoys me how people in the third world are expected to work for virtually no pay.&nbsp; So why should we have to feel sorry for the rich people?
    You never made any distinction about rich people. You said "Why would anyone want to pay when we can have it for free??" [/b][/quote]
    Because I just forgot to make the distinction in my first post on this topic&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t remember everything &#33;&#33;

You say I am greedy &#33;&#33; Well since you are in this forum, I assume you are probably a filesharer as well? So why don&#39;t you confess yourself to being greedy then, if you expect other people (ie me) to confess?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    paul_smith
    99 dollars for a song? u cud go and buy the album 5 times

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    99 cents per song..that was my mistake in the first post

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    iTunes = a 30 second preview of any song in their catalogue free + all album and release info + a pretty good player + a music data base, also usefull when searching other "sources" and organising your own collection.

What kind of idiot doesn&#39;t use it?

Be thankfull for these programs that allow music to exist on the internet. Someone pays- puts it in their shares- you get to download it for free.

If it weren&#39;t for people paying for music, a very large percentage of the music you enjoy now would never have existed.

Why would anyone waste the time, effort, and expense to create something with no return?

To those who spout free access to all works, thanks for fucking up something good.
    In moderation, the file sharing community wasn&#39;t such a bad thing.
    Your careless attitudes are making it harder to find decent new software though.
    Why bother to create anything, only to be completely ripped off by hordes of you thankless internet thieves?
    Give back a little if you can or at least allow those who can, and will, to live in peace with themselves.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Give back a little if you can or at least allow those who can, and will, to live in peace with themselves.&nbsp;
    I do though, because I share everything that I download.

But I thought that if you get a file on ITunes, it&#39;s in a different format so it can&#39;t be transferred anywhere else? Or am I wrong about that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast