Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd is spying on Filesharingtalk

X-Files's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    Anyway we're discussing torrent sites monitoring trade PMs and you're exaggerating it and comparing it to corporations suing people which has real life legal and monetary consequences. They aren't exactly the same thing.
    Neither is Fst and what.cd

*going to bed, got to be up early tomorrow.
    good decision

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Oh look, he can copy and paste from backie's blog. To his credit though, he didn't copy the whole article as he usually does.
    Hombre's an idiot.
    Btw that's not necessarily my opinion I only copy/pasted it from somewhere else.

Also the title of the thread is wrong it should be "spying on the members of FilesharingTalk".I'm pretty sure that they aren't interested in spying on FST.

Seriously though if I was that concerned about my privacy I wouldn't be on the internet let alone dubious places like these.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    another thought of dual standarts... from what i know, traders hunters are getting banned here for their activities like transparent pixels or smth.. and then other sites are hunting traders here with this css trick. and staff from those sites have accounts here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have no problem with it personally, as I'm not receiving trade PMs or downloading cheat clients so it's completely irrelevant to me.
    "if you have nothing to feel guilty about, then what's the problem?"
    that's what uk government said about the millions cctv cameras they installed all over the country.

you just can't violate people's privacy under the pretence that traders are a nuisance to your site - it's a matter of principles.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre
    This is one of the latest tricks
    I don't know whether you wrote this yourself or just copy & pasted it, but they started using this attack over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    Not necessarily, what if my facebook or myspace or online banking seeps through the css leak?
    Currently, it works in a hit-or-miss fashion. They can't read the whole history, only check if specific links have been visited - so they'd have to know the URL to your Facebook/MySpace profile first, and then it'd be pointless to "find" it this way.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    that's what uk government said about the millions cctv cameras they installed all over the country.

you just can't violate people's privacy under the pretence that traders are a nuisance to your site - it's a matter of principles.
    I never saw what the big fuss was about that ordeal. Are they installing the cameras in your home? No, they aren't. Public streets are their property, it's their call what to do with them. I don't see people complain about CCTV cameras in say, banks. Well, perhaps bank robbers might have other ideas about those...

Quote Originally Posted by TvControlsYou
    Not necessarily, what if my facebook or myspace or online banking seeps through the css leak? I prize that information more than my ip address and my email address (which not to mention is untraceable and is disposable)
    It's not like a virus that steals your username and password, but still the fact that they could look at my personal information on myspace/facebook or any personal site is not ok with me.
    No they can't. They can only see that you visited a specific page. They can't even prove the page you visit is your own profile. And if you have your privacy set, they won't even be able to reach that page themselves. And what exactly about online banking is going to leak? You visited their login.php page? Most links past that have hashed URLs that would be impossible to predict without serious prior knowledge, and even then what? You visited the "view stock options" page? You visited the page to make a transfer? None of the information would be particularly useful.

This isn't some magical thing that lets you see a snapshot of whatever they're viewing. It simply demonstrates whether you've visited a site, which on its own isn't proof of anything.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 05-17-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    backie's Avatar Demigod BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post

I never saw what the big fuss was about that ordeal. Are they installing the cameras in your home? No, they aren't. Public streets are their property, it's their call what to do with them. I don't see people complain about CCTV cameras in say, banks. Well, perhaps bank robbers might have other ideas about those...
    Example, theres 8 or so camera's in my building alone, basically watching everyone's front door and I don't think I've ever seen the cops dealing with any crime in the row of flats I live in. Kinda pointless cameras. In the likes of the Shetland Islands there are more cameras than in the whole of San Fransico with 5.6 cameras per 1000 people. (Source wired uk 05.10) when an area that has one of the lowest crime stats in the Uk has more camera's than San Fransico something is seriously up. It's not like they catch many criminals in the act.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    This isn't some magical thing that lets you see a snapshot of whatever they're viewing. It simply demonstrates whether you've visited a site, which on its own isn't proof of anything.
    I understand the exploit completley.

Here is what they are basically exploiting.

which is why this is helpful at deterring such invasions of privacy on firefox.

a:visited{
    background: none !important;
    background-image: none !important;
    list-style-image: none !important;
    }
    We are stopping the link from being detected as visited or even looking like a link as we now made it have no background, list-style, or background image.
    Their is no change in appearance which passes right by the css exploit.

All links look like this (before and after clicking) using the css style sheet above:
    website

...So really stop trying to discredit me by acting as if I don't know the limitations of the css leak.
    If I click a link to a myspace or facebook the link can be viewed by the website that is abusing the css leak, that is of course if myspace.com and facebook.com are in the list of sites being used by the attacker.
    The will know I have a facebook, myspace, and I use the Bank of america for my banking.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-17-2010 at 08:47 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    TS.org
    You stay in Jerviston so that's to be expected

Quote Originally Posted by backie View Post
    Example, theres 8 or so camera's in my building alone,

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    X-Files's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    he dont care if u put cctv on his toilet

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast