Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: What.cd is spying on Filesharingtalk

Glitterstep's Avatar Peace|Lov|Energy|EDM BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    It's totally true that bitme won't give invites to users they know to be members of FST.
    true that...I have been a VIP there for like a year now,and have never received a single invite in the past.

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    And @ringhunter;Are you supporting what What.CD is doing or are you against it?Just to be clear.Thats all.
    At the risk of sounding like a hypocritical jerk, I actually agree and commend them for anything they can and will do.

I just don't agree with imposing their moral standards on people, but at the end of the day, they are doing their job. So is anon, so are the RIAA. Asking for any person or group to short-change themselves when it comes to doing their jobs because I don't agree with the moral side of it is egotistical.

Do I dislike traders/trading? Yes, but still, it's their choice and they're doing what they want. Just as they reserve that right, staff reserve the right to fight back against them should they choose so.

What I've disagreed with the full time is not the notion that trading is right or wrong, but it's that people seem to think it's morally wrong to trade just because some tracker staff said so.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post

What I've disagreed with the full time is not the notion that trading is right or wrong, but it's that people seem to think it's morally wrong to trade just because some tracker staff said so.
    The "morally wrong" part comes in that you (presumably) gave your word ( in signing up) not to .
    Trading might in and of itself not be "morally wrong" but I'm pretty sure that the majority of the planet agrees that lying is.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The "morally wrong" part comes in that you (presumably) gave your word ( in signing up) not to .
    Trading might in and of itself not be "morally wrong" but I'm pretty sure that the majority of the planet agrees that lying is.
    Understood. Take this hypothetical situation. Trader comes to FST, trades his way into every tracker imaginable. RandonmPseudonym1337 comes along and says "It's amazing what people can achieve when they discard morality."

Which do you think our hypothetical person referred to? The lie, or the trading? I was under the assumption that most people that even bring the topic up to the table for discussion had a gripe with the conduct itself, not with people going back on their word.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 05-28-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitterstep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    It's totally true that bitme won't give invites to users they know to be members of FST.
    true that...I have been a VIP there for like a year now,and have never received a single invite in the past.
    Hence why I haven't yet donated there, and won't do so until the day they lift that petty rule (which is never). Instead buying upload credit, I seedboxed my ass off when I could, it's not the most correct thing to do, but hey, those are the rules of the game.

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Asking for any person or group to short-change themselves when it comes to doing their jobs because I don't agree with the moral side of it is egotistical.
    an opinion doesn't imply trying to convince people.
    you know, never disagreeing with anyone just because you respect their thoughts and beliefs doesn't make you more respectable or anything
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Asking for any person or group to short-change themselves when it comes to doing their jobs because I don't agree with the moral side of it is egotistical.
    an opinion doesn't imply trying to convince people.
    you know, never disagreeing with anyone just because you respect their thoughts and beliefs doesn't make you more respectable or anything
    Depends on the site we're speaking of. I can think of one or two where it is an unspoken rule.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    which is absolutely fine otherwise your sig should be linking the world to your linkedin and facebook profiles.And I don't think ca_aok is your real name either.Some of us are paranoid but others tend to be a little too paranoid and I think you should try and understand that.
    On a side note I actually know several people who join torrenting groups on facebook and add people as friends, which I find kinda funny. Linking your real name to the torrenting world isn't necessarily a good idea, but that goes beyond what's discussed here.

Sure some people are too paranoid, and that's their call. It still can look suspicious from an outside point of view. I'm not saying that such a perception is good or valid, it's simply a statement that to tracker staff you'll appear shifty if you're using different details everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I don't have the same nick or email on every tracker. Do I appear to be a trader or have something to hide? I think that only closed-minded or immature people would come to this kind of conclusion.
    Trader

But seriously, if you hadn't noticed by now that description fits several staff members, so I'd probably wager they're warming up your global ban as we speak

Which do you think our hypothetical person referred to? The lie, or the trading? I was under the assumption that most people that even bring the topic up to the table for discussion had a gripe with the conduct itself, not with people going back on their word.
    One of the root reasons trading is bad is because you've inherently broken an agreement you made when you signed up for your own personal profit. It's hard to differentiate the two in this context, people might have an issue with the conduct, but part of the conduct is being dishonest and deceitful.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Its kind of hard to expect people to follow all the rules, when you make a rule that you can only download the files you have the legal rights to. I believe I've seen that rule on the majority of trackers I frequent. Obviously they don't expect you to follow all the rules, or they wouldn't be in 'business'.

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    At the risk of sounding like a hypocritical jerk, I actually agree and commend them for anything they can and will do.
    That's surprising. Even I installed this css script to prevent them from seeing my browsing. I think it's a real shitty thing that they're doing this. And eventhough I have nothing to hide, it's the fact that they're taking such measure just to catch a trader or cheater. Some people take this whole BT thing entirely too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Trader

But seriously, if you hadn't noticed by now that description fits several staff members, so I'd probably wager they're warming up your global ban as we speak
    Yeah. And the funny thing is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if one of the numerous questionable staffers throughout the bt community were to try and initiate a "global" ban for such a stupid reason.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910