Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help With My System!

You guys have been wicked, thanks for the help.
    I've disabled programs in my Start up, and take the RAM used by Paintshop down to 29% (It won't allow me to go down to 25%).
    InverseKinetix: the only other option for scratch disk is C: drive, instead of start up. What is this? And will it help to change to C:?

abu: if I see Adil at the next Pants Convention, I'll tell him you say hi.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    the scratch disk option only has an effect when you have multiple hard drives. if you only have a C: partition, that option does nothing.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Well, aside from having more RAM, doesnt anyone else see that the fact he is under the system requirements for his processor, a problem? I mean, he is running photoshop on a 450Mhz computer, the most recent version, as opposed to the minimum of 500Mhz.... (which I wouldnt suggest running it on a 500Mhz anyway.)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    So......should I try Photoshop Elements instead? That will be a smaller programme no?
    What is missing from Elements compared to Photshop 7?
    Thanks again,
    P

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Bump

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@31 October 2003 - 13:33
    Well, aside from having more RAM, doesnt anyone else see that the fact he is under the system requirements for his processor, a problem? I mean, he is running photoshop on a 450Mhz computer, the most recent version, as opposed to the minimum of 500Mhz.... (which I wouldnt suggest running it on a 500Mhz anyway.) 
    it wasn't obvious? P-shop is a hog. it's a great program, but it needs lots of MHZ and RAM because it's a haaaawwwwwwwwwg.

and i just make it a personal policy to not tell people to upgrade, because people just don't want to hear that. they usually either don't have the money to upgrade, or they don't see why they should because their old computer still does a great job of running internet explorer, aol instant messenger, and kazaa.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Well when a program doesnt run very well on their current setup, and they want to run it, upgrading seems to be about the only solution.......

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    So running a smaller program like Photoshop Elements will give me the same problems?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    unless someone can point out tests proving the contrary, i doubt that Photoshop Elements is any "smaller" or faster than Photoshop. it is simply the same program with some features removed. anything that can be accomplished with Photoshop Elements would not be done any faster than with Photoshop-- the only difference is the type of things you can do, not the speed at which they're done.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Ok...so my only option is to upgrade.
    On this note, I would like to point out that I am not experiencing any slow-down or efficiency on my PC. I was just concerned that my Resources where quite low. At the mo I'm at 75%.
    Is there a level at which one should become concerned?

Thanks again,

P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast