Thread: Compression Question

I just recently got a copy of Adobe Premiere, and it's pretty damn good, albeit a bit confusing. Anyways, I edited a video to remove some junk I didn't want in there, and then exported it. When I checked the file, I saw that it was a whopping 800+mb, compared to the original near 30mb. I don't know if Premier has a compression tool or not, but if it doesn't, is there a program out there that anyone knows of to do it for me? Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Doesn't anyone have an idea?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Soma Cruz@30 October 2003 - 12:05
    Doesn't anyone have an idea?
    well what type of file did you edit? avi mpg etc
    what did you actually do to this file?
    what did you export it as?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It was a .mpg, and all I did was remove about 20 seconds (the intro) to it. I then exported it into a .avi.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    first i'll have to say never really used the prog and dont know much bout the coecs but i am presumeing when you export you need to pick a "format" and prob compresion type also size as in the dimentions of the movie maybe you have gone from say 70x70 to 300x300....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Actually, it doesn't give me the choice of file format other than by putting .mpg or .avi after the filename. And there doesn't seem to be any choosing in compression. As far as the size goes, I didn't make any edits to that, and it is supposed to keep the default, but it might be it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Hmm, I finally seem to have figured it out. Don't know if there will be an actual decrease in size, a slight bit done and still seems generally large.